GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a bit of a meet at Daikoku this Friday night (14th) ?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a big meet - say from about 21:30 ?
It's possible they still close the place at midnight too - I haven't been for a while.

Come on Dave - it'd be great to see you.
Any guys from Hyrev available ?

·
Registered
452 Posts
actually the close it earlier than midnight now. i was told too that a good weekend to go is the 3rd friday of the month.

nonetheless since i haven't seen Bean in a long time I would go just to see your GT-R again.

BTW, there is a car show here on base I heard it's going to be pretty big, not like the last one we had.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
not really possible for me...

I don't finish work till around 9pm, so getting down to Daikoku before it closes isn't really feasible, as it quite a drive for me. As for other locations....I'm not too familiar with that area, but I would say that the water front area that you lot (Dino et al) usually take pictures of your cars seems like a great spot? You know the one I mean? Where is it? Looked like Yokohama to me.

Obviously it would be better to go during the daytime, say on a Sunday ;) :)

Just a thought...

Dave

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Dave...that was actually taken in Chiba-ken, on the other side of the Aqualine(roughly). Problem is docks are always closed at night.

See you all there! Looking forward to seeing the soft, comfortable interoir of the hipogtr-mobile:D

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
last time we went, last Sunday, they closed about 2330. Was ok turn out.
I really want to go again on the day that the GTR Imortal Club from Tokyo goes, think it is in Wed night. They had some serious weapons with them, not close to what Bean or Hipo have. They brought out V Spec II Nurs, M Specs, a few Nismo cars, was a real nice mellow crowd. Never had the Police show up then. I would like to Friday, but I promised I would help with the car show Sat, so that means by the time I get home, only have about 3 hours sleep. Plus my car would need to be detailed again for the show!!
If you all go, please take pics for me. But, i think we should make plans for the Imortal Meet as well.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Immortal club meet is probably tonight (2nd Wednesday of the month is what they usually go for) but no guarantee. Didn't someone have an email address for one of them ?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Yep good meet. Nice to meet you finally too:)

Had a bit of bad luck on the way back home. My front diffuser ripped off it's mounts after a high speed blast...

:( :(

Front downforce is good, but this is ridiculous. Had to drive 30Km at 50Km/h on the expressway and to top it off my car seems to have developed a lumpy idle after this happened. Have no idea why, hope it's nothing serious but can't look into it for a few days. I'm a bit depressed today:(

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Soon fix that with some Oversize washers. Thing is its defeated the purpose of its design - Should never of happened in the first place.

Will you have it repaired for Nikko Tomorrow?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
No I'll be taking the old beater up to Nikko. Nissan is coming to collect the car on Mon so hopefully I find out if the idle problem is serious or not (diffuser will have to be replaced). Washers were too small probably but it should not have happened. Then again the standard cars are limited to 180km/h so can't complain to Nissan as I was doing almost 100km/h more :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts