GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dales R34

On Tuesday we travelled down to leafy East Sussex to detail this Bayside Blue R34 GTR.
The car on arrival:

The car was rinsed using the Gilmour with Duragloss 901 Shampoo and the wheels cleaned with Finish Kare 817 Sparkle Plenty Citrus Cleaner. The car was then then washed with 901 and SP Lambswool Mitts and finally dried with an SP Uber Premium Drying Towel.
The car was then clayed with Sonus Ultrafine clay using Meg’s Last Touch as the lube:
Thus far…

Before polishing we touched in all stone chips on the front end and a few on the side skirts as the white base coat was showing through and I’d said to the owner we’d happily try and improve them for him. We polished the car using Meguiars #83 on Meg’s yellow polishing pads… I used the Makita @1500rpm on the larger flat panels while Rob started on the lower panels with the Porter Cable @ speed 6. I also switched to the PC for the bulk of the side panels which seemed to work very well and relatively quickly. Paint was easy to work with but wasn’t too soft, really nice to work on actually. Once the main polishing had been done we then went round with Poorboys Polish With Sealant on Meg’s polishing pads at speed 6:

Finally a layer of Duragloss 105 TPP was applied to the bodywork and wheels and left to cure:

Whilst the sealant was curing we gave the interior a hoover and cleaned all the interior plastics:

And also gave the engine bay a quick once over with citrus degreaser and then dressed with Finish Kare 108 Top Kote Dressing:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The sealant was then removed with SP Uber Premium Detailing Towels. The front lip and tyres were dressed with Finish Kare 108 Top Kote Dressing. The bodywork was then given a final wipe over with Duragloss 951 Aquawax.
The results:

Thanks for looking.
Alex :smokin: .

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Just want to say thanks to Alex and Rob, the service they offer is as professional and friendly as you can get and level of attention and 'detail' :D they go to is amazing.

Anyone wanting or thinking of getting this done to their car no matter what it is should sort it out as the results not only make the car look great at the time, but help keep it looking that way for weeks / months afterwards.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I believe Alex will be giving my car the once over at Rob's (Tweenierob) this Sunday, the paintwork on my car is rough to the touch and covered in swirl marks, hope it turns out as good??

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just want to say thanks to Alex and Rob, the service they offer is as professional and friendly as you can get and level of attention and 'detail' :D they go to is amazing.

Anyone wanting or thinking of getting this done to their car no matter what it is should sort it out as the results not only make the car look great at the time, but help keep it looking that way for weeks / months afterwards.

Thanks again guys.

Your more than welcome dale :D
Thanks for letting us loose on your pride and joy!
Your R34 is a real beauty :thumbsup:
Glad you are happy :)

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Top job as i've seen from their work on cars on this forum. I met Alex a week or so ago when i went to his house and bought some products off him. Good stuff by the way. Very nice bloke and only 2 seconds from my brother and sisters. Handy stuff!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts