GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice, needed.
Autoglass have replaced my screen, whilst doing so have caused some nasty damage to the black “A” pillars and the coloured roof sections on both sides and the weather stop on the drivers door. When I went to collect they said there had been an accident and they have damaged the panels on both sides, they also said they have contacted the area manager and sent pics of the damage so are open about causing it and the manager will be in touch tomorrow. My issue is the car is away as of Monday for some paint on the bumper for stone chips. I’m going to ask auto glass to speak to the paint shop for a quote to fix the issues while it’s already in the workshop and deal with it that way. Can I request that as the car is in the body shop anyway they fix it at the same time? Or is the ball in the Autoglass court? Can they demand I take it to a certain place, or order replacement parts etc etc. Any knowledge on this would be appreciated as this is the first time anything like this has happened.
Hood Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Grille
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire
Rectangle Grey Automotive design Cloud Automotive exterior
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Automotive design Wood Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Hood Wood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Vehicle

Hood Helmet Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Someone else had this issue . Do a search it got sorted
that said, that’s a really terrible fitter causing that :-(

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Yeah Course he did .. clumsy

that’s him / her just being a muppet& wanting to get it done in the time allocation

sorry to see it messed up like that

·
Registered
183 Posts
😬 sorry to see that , when mine was eventually done by auto glass I went through the removal procedure of the panels with the fitter to make sure he understood and also told him how much they were to replace . They didn’t do any damage to them but did tear the weather stop on the door exactly like yours 🙄 still took nearly a month of chasing to just get that sorted so I wish you luck 🤞

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Check the rain sensing wipers and auto light sensor works you may find this is incorrectly wired.
Also check the OBD port works as they blew the fuse for that and heater switch memory works.
Check the windscreen top edge for damage and all trim covers are in the correct position.
Auto glass buggered all of that on mine and it took 8 visits to 5 different garages to sort their mess out.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Really sorry to see that OP and others who have bad experiences.

To answer your question: You can take your car wherever you want to get if fixed. Autoglass aren't a bodyshop so they can't insist it goes where they want it to, nor do they have any right to try to fix it themselves (i.e. using their "approved" bodyshop and all that rubbish). All you need to do is get a quote for the work (maybe a couple to be really fair) and get Autoglass to confirm they will pay (in writing). They will then indemnify you (i.e. reimburse you after you've paid for the repair) or better still ask them to pay the bodyshop direct (they'll get the VAT back then too if the invoice is in their name). Whatever happens, you have the right to be made whole and Autoglass will have indemnity insurance for these type of things. Don't let them try to get you to claim through YOUR insurance. They'll then give you the run round.... (y)

·
Vendor
3,842 Posts
I must have had 10 people call me for these due to damage by window fitters.

Hit them with a bill for a new Nissan one then call me as I know where there is some half price brand new ones in grey😊👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I must have had 10 people call me for these due to damage by window fitters.

Hit them with a bill for a new Nissan one then call me as I know where there is some half price brand new ones in grey😊👍
👍🏼 I need silver ones for a 2017 car…. Any luck on these? Do you happen to know the price new?

·
Registered
517 Posts
And for the benefit of others who may need windscreens, your insurance company cannot force you to go to Autoglass. They may "recommend" them because they have an "arrangement" but since one bad experience I've always gone elsewhere. Find a local windscreen fitter (with recommendations) who is willing to do the paperwork your insurance company will send them and then let them do the job. You can then give them very precise instructions, not just about the screen body panels interface but as PaulK has said, about the interior screen fittings. And any comebacks are easier too.

Also, since 2007, I have always asked my insurance company to authorise a genuine Nissan screen and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing they have always done so. I do this because I had a non-oem replacement screen fitted on my 350Z and the quality and pattern of the frits was naff and spoilt the look of the screen.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,373 Posts
Someone else had this issue . Do a search it got sorted
that said, that’s a really terrible fitter causing that :-(
That was me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So annoying !!! unnecessary damage caused by idiots in a rush, I had this on my wife's Q5, where the guy stool on the kick plate inside the door and out a huge dent in it ! most people wouldn't care - but I insisted that AG got it replaced ! - they were very good about to to be fair and I ordered and had fitted a genuine Audi part (over £120 fitted) AG spoke and paid the dealership directly. Just very annoying
I would insist you get it done at the body-shop or they arrange to have it done at Nissan who will use maybe the same one, but its your choice as they are at fault - any questions from them and just hit them with a small claim for the full amount - ball ache but you would win easily.
Hope you get it sorted and feel for you - just upsetting unnecessary damage :(

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
When I had mine replaced .5 years or so ago - the AG said they given him an hour to do this job & he said it’s well over 2 if you careful - there was no damage but it’s easily done if In a rush

·
Registered
183 Posts
And for the benefit of others who may need windscreens, your insurance company cannot force you to go to Autoglass. They may "recommend" them because they have an "arrangement" but since one bad experience I've always gone elsewhere. Find a local windscreen fitter (with recommendations) who is willing to do the paperwork your insurance company will send them and then let them do the job. You can then give them very precise instructions, not just about the screen body panels interface but as PaulK has said, about the interior screen fittings. And any comebacks are easier too.

Also, since 2007, I have always asked my insurance company to authorise a genuine Nissan screen and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing they have always done so. I do this because I had a non-oem replacement screen fitted on my 350Z and the quality and pattern of the frits was naff and spoilt the look of the screen.
That might depend on your insurance company and how they word there policy 😬 I had to fight for a genuine one from Admiral and when I said I would take it elsewhere and not AG they said they would only pay £50 towards the screen 😬

·
Ooo Matron !
2,373 Posts
When I had mine replaced .5 years or so ago - the AG said they given him an hour to do this job & he said it’s well over 2 if you careful - there was no damage but it’s easily done if In a rush
When I initially booked mine with Autoglass, I booked it to be done on my drive. The then rang me and said that was not possible because of the car, and it would take 2 people to do it, and they allowed 2 hours.

The thing is as well, the trim that they appear damaging on our cars, comes off quite simply. It's just 3 large screws and a bit of a tug (oo-er) and it all comes away. The manager that visited my house to look at the damage managed it with no trouble. And the wrapping place (and I don't think they had done a GTR before) removed my broken one with no further damage to it either.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That might depend on your insurance company and how they word there policy 😬 I had to fight for a genuine one from Admiral and when I said I would take it elsewhere and not AG they said they would only pay £50 towards the screen 😬
Mine is Admiral too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts