GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I have just returned from a round trip from south Mids to Scotland and noticed that I have damage on the bottom lip above the splitter, which is about 1cm of damage. I didn't hit anything, bar millions of kamkazi bugs, but am worried that this large chip out of the storm white body, just above the black splitter is not repairable.
I am I looking at a replacement bodypart or can this be repaired?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guys,
I have just returned from a round trip from south Mids to Scotland and noticed that I have damage on the bottom lip above the splitter, which is about 1cm of damage. I didn't hit anything, bar millions of kamkazi bugs, but am worried that this large chip out of the storm white body, just above the black splitter is not repairable.
I am I looking at a replacement bodypart or can this be repaired?
Problem you have got is getting hold of storm white touch// Nissan UK have not relised it so try a local bodyshop to see if yo can get some made up.

SG

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry when I mean a chip I dont mean a stone chip I mean a chunk about 1cm square is missing. I was wondering if this could be a local repair i.e. filler and respray or whether the whole front lip needs replacing I assume it my even be a whole new nose :bawling:.

·
Registered
616 Posts
sorry when I mean a chip I dont mean a stone chip I mean a chunk about 1cm square is missing. I was wondering if this could be a local repair i.e. filler and respray or whether the whole front lip needs replacing I assume it my even be a whole new nose :bawling:.
Something must have hit that quite hard to chip out such a large piece, I would be inclined to fill it and repaint.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
If I was you I'd look to find a replacement OEM front lip spoiler (I have one if you want it, or check with GTC/Knight Racer) or better still, get yourself a nice CF one instead...

I changed my front lip on Sunday in around 2 hours start to finish.

The lip can be removed relatively easily by following these instructions..

..to remove lower lip

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Watch out, in 6 months time your bonnet might go bang:chairshot
LOL!

Interestingly there are 3 thin metal supports that run from the lower portion of the bumper up towards the upper grill.

All 3 of mine have minor bends in them just from the smallest of contacts of the lip's underside with an object (say a kerb). My guess is that they are designed to bend in order to prevent a simple grounding from damaging anything else.

If this was given as the reason for a bonnet going off I'd be very, very annoyed!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Something must have hit that quite hard to chip out such a large piece, I would be inclined to fill it and repaint.
I'd imagine that could be quite difficult to do as the lip is only a thin plastic cover which sits as an overlay on top of a big plastic tray. Lots of potential movement and naff all for the filler to bond to as well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
LOL!

Interestingly there are 3 thin metal supports that run from the lower portion of the bumper up towards the upper grill.

All 3 of mine have minor bends in them just from the smallest of contacts of the lip's underside with an object (say a kerb). My guess is that they are designed to bend in order to prevent a simple grounding from damaging anything else.

If this was given as the reason for a bonnet going off I'd be very, very annoyed!
Yep, a ticking time bomb :nervous::nervous:

·
Registered
785 Posts
LOL!

Just noticed that 2 of mine are bent too. Like u say i think maybe they are supposed to bend to prevent damage. It almost looks like u could straighten them again with some pliers but i think ill give that a miss as knowing my luck i would break the grill or something. It would be interestning to see how many others have bent metal supports.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts