GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm annoyed today... unfortunately I managed to drive down a road in Lpool city centre which had ridiculously sized speed bumps and look what it did to my bumper!!! :(

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Pls feel free to correct me guy,s but is there not a MAX legal height of 100mm for these speed bumps ?????
I can remember a TV program where someone took legal action against the council for damage to their car.
My 2p worth
Best regards Alan :D

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
BIG AL

is right. Get the bump measured and have sth there as scale. to show the size of the offender.
Then get a nice new bumper from the council.

I know a guy that sells a rubber lip to go on the spolier bottom that helps take some of the impact away from the bumper as his car is major low as well.
It sticks out at the front and helps the car ride over.
Kind of hard to explain but it is softer then the plastic and absorbs much more impact.
PM me if int and I can put you in touch.
NLW

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, there is a legal height and I'm sure they exceed!

I will wonder down there and take some pics tonight.. I think what made it worst is that it's one of those stupid cobbled speed bumps to keep the character of the road! :(

Is it worst than it looks as it cracked all the way under and up close it's ripped a pretty deep gash right through! :(

I will get a quote for a repair but will try and persure the council first! :)

I'm not sure what make the bumper is either but it's deff after market... a nismo perhaps??

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
All,

Can you find out what the legal regulations are. i.e. size plus the associated regulation number. There are certain roads I can't even drive down around here, even if I take a 45 degree angle of attack. It would really be useful - thanks.

Nick,

Can you let me know the details of the lower rubber lip, I think I might need one. I'm on my fourth lower spoiler in three years. :(

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
lower rubber lip

OK I can get a few of these if people ARE interested.
so basically this sits under the lower spoliers and acts as a guard to the spolier. it absorbs the impact and takes most of the wear and tear.
I will try and get a pic of this in the meantime.
more people = more economies of scale and cheaper price.
Nick

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
OK.

Looks as if we have a few int and I have tried to get a picture of this...not the greatest but you will see it on the bottom of the front spoiler and it sticks out for added horizontal protection against the nasty kerbs.
As said it also helps to protect the spolier against any whacks.

NLW

Attachments

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
if we can get 4 buyers then

I can get them for 80 notes all in. No VAT!!
any less numbers then price goes up! Shippin could be an arse tho!!
as they are rubber compound then they can be cut or shaped to suit any skyline.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cobblers!

HardTimes, didn't happen to be the cobbled speed bumps down at the Albert Dock did it? I've gotta drive real slow over them when I'm down there!

Paul

1 - 20 of 38 Posts