GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Wish people would stop calling Dance Music Chav music! :mad:
A couple of days back I was out to the Morning , Noon and Night Shop with my Mum , and she said "haha look at all those Chavs in their Corsa's" ,
I asked her the question "why are they Chavs? , to my mind they are only people who have a genuine interest in cars and like to meet up with friends"
She replied " Ohh just listen to there Music! Beat Beat Beat , thats why they are Chavs" :mad: :rolleyes:

I wish Adults would stop judging the younger generation just because of their different music tastes and modified hatches.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
SkylineBoy said:
A couple of days back I was out to the Morning , Noon and Night Shop with my Mum , and she said "haha look at all those Chavs in their Corsa's" ,
I asked her the question "why are they Chavs? , to my mind they are only people who have a genuine interest in cars and like to meet up with friends"
She replied " Ohh just listen to there Music! Beat Beat Beat , thats why they are Chavs" :mad: :rolleyes:

I wish Adults would stop judging the younger generation just because of their different music tastes and modified hatches.
Maybe its because these "modified hatches" were riced up Lax Power cars too? Maybe that's why she thought they were chavs, and the dance music was just a sidenote.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
SkylineBoy said:
" Ohh just listen to there Music! Beat Beat Beat "
Sounds like a chav :D :D :D lol

;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
SkylineBoy said:

How old are you? I class myself as the younger generation at 25.. Its fading fast since i hit 22 though :eek:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my old school it was tagged the name Bam Beats :eek:
I didn't quite understand , I think you'll find if you talk to some people with the "Flowered" rides then they are happy enough to talk to you , or at least in my encounters with the "chavs" :mad:

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Well i'm 38 years old and still very into my Cosmic gate etc etc thanks.
Every time we have a party, it ends up with me DJ'ing the bloody kids. They call me Pete Tong...haha
Let it be known though i can also happily sit back and listen to some Mozart, heavy rock and more or less anything apart from funk.

Thats all from an ageing chav:D

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
SkylineBoy said:

If you could hear their music from OUTSIDE their car, then it doesn't really matter whether they were listening to dance music, drum and bass, or easy listening classics - it's the fact it's coming out of 15" Vibe subs rattling the paper-thin panels of the vehicle that makes them a chav.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTRalex said:
i love club music and r&b does that make me a chav? lol

the thing is most of them arent bad, its the ones who come steaming up behind you almost touching your bumper and thinking that there corsa is quicker than your skyline.
I totally Agree , I love Hardcore Dance music , So does this make me a chav?
If you can call a modified corsa a chav car then the same must go for a Skyline? :confused: It's got a large exhaust with bodykits and make lots of noise.

A chav has been defiened as a person who wears Reebok Classics and an Addidas tracksuit with a Burberry cap holding on for dear life somewhere on his head.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The music pumping out off the car does make them sound like ar$eholes if only they could see it does :p .

I love dance music, always have and have jumped about at nights with DJ's like Sasha, Seb Fontaine, Judge Jules, Boy George(!), Carl Cox etc etc etc and half a dozen mates were professional dance DJs at one point in time but that music coming outta cars that look like some Fast & Furious pr*cks really fcuks me off!

Why? It's always some teeny bop shite or some c*nt shouting over a mike "Shake your ar$e" to a group of 14 years old -- arrghhh :mad: .

·
Registered
564 Posts
SkylineBoy said:
If you can call a modified corsa a chav car then the same must go for a Skyline? :confused: It's got a large exhaust with bodykits and make lots of noise.
Its more to do with their attitude... if you see all the idiots in the town centre on a saturday night cruising round and round in circles making lots of noise and impressing no-one except their boyfriend in the passenger seat and nearly running over the pi$$heads it would make no difference what car they were driving they'd get called a chav

·
Registered
157 Posts
yeah its funny people think your a chav cos you have loud music, just because you have a good sound system and enjoy a good quality of music doesnt mean your a chav no matter what music u listen to.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Matt_r34 said:
yeah its funny people think your a chav cos you have loud music, just because you have a good sound system and enjoy a good quality of music doesnt mean your a chav no matter what music u listen to.

I am not so sure that the majority of sound systems in cars can be classed as Good Quality. Most of the systems I have seen, run everything near the limits on inferior electronic designs, to just maximise the output level. Vitually no regard for distortion levels from the "Switchmode" amplifiers.

I built what might be classed as a proper amplifier for car use. This produced about 70W RMS per channel (into 4 ohms) for the stereo signals and around 400W RMS of very controlled and adjustable bass (again into 4 ohms). The whole thing took about 80 Amps peak from the 12V supply (completely unreasonable). The distortion levels were unmeasurably low as indeed was the noise floor. The sound quality was so clean, that it didn't sound as loud as it was, until you found you had to shout at other people to be heard. Even the concrete outside of the car shook with the depth of bass. I would never have classed it as a "CHAV" system though. You would need a half reasonable engine and alternator to keep the battery going.

It never got built comercially though, only a prototype.
High quality music played through it, remained at high quality.

Underground garage music sounded fantastic through it :D :) ;)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Playing your own taste in music loud enough so everyone outside of the car can hear it is DEFINITELY chav no matter what music it is or how cool you think it is.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm 20 and i like dance music in the confinds of a club with booze and other various attractions :D but i love metal and rock, such as qotsa, placebo, etc.
I didn't think you were allowed to listen to heavy rock below volume 15, must be a law or something :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
im 16 atm still a couple of months till 17 god dam it but i see nothing wrong with playing your music loud if your in your room but in a car you dont need it loud ffs its a small space and i bet half the people who have it jacked right up dont even like it and are doing it so they look cool when they dont ...did that make any sense ?????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts