GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a dash cam for my R35. Should I go Nextbase 622 or BlackVue 900 or 750? I also want to hard wire and add a rear cam too, any tips?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I have Blackvue 650 in mine, easy to install and run the wires from the back of the car to the front. Only wanted mine turned on when the car is running, so wired into one of the fuse so only comes on then.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have Blackvue front and rear in mine,compact and easy fit,not cheap but in my opinion well worth it...

·
Registered
448 Posts
My only gripe with most cameras is that if an "event" recording starts it collects the last 30 or so seconds of Normal which then stops until the Event recording stops and Normal restarts. This means that to splice together a full journey is really difficult because of the overlap...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Blackvue 650 in mine, easy to install and run the wires from the back of the car to the front. Only wanted mine turned on when the car is running, so wired into one of the fuse so only comes on then.
That’s what I want to do with mine too. If you have any tips or advice about how to fit it best as in which panels to remove and tuck behind, whether you run it from the rear via the roof panel or floor panel please feel free to drop me a DM. Many thanks !

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Next base duo can be attached to front windscreen and has forward and reverse cameras in one unit. Run the power wire up the inside edge of the roof lining then down behind the side pillar and push behind dash on drivers side. Comes with an adapter and you simply remove a fuse from foot well fuse box, insert adapter which has built in fuse for camera and spare socket for the fuse you just removed. OK, for a cheaper option, image and sound are good and the Nextbase software does all the geo data stuff like speed, coordinates, g force etc.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
That’s what I want to do with mine too. If you have any tips or advice about how to fit it best as in which panels to remove and tuck behind, whether you run it from the rear via the roof panel or floor panel please feel free to drop me a DM. Many thanks !
Ran mine up round the roof very easy to tuck it up into the roof liner and its never come down.

Ran the front camera again into the roof liner and down the pillar. I put all the excess cable behind the fuse box and earthed it to one of the bolts in that area.

Very easy to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts