GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
We've had a Blackvue DR600GW front cam only for some time now. The video is great and it is very easy to fit and live with. All experiences others have already said regarding reformat card etc are correct.
I think the audio is rubbish, but don't care for audio anyway (you can also switch it off easily), it only ever really manages to clearly capture me swearing when things go wrong lol.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Probably a silly question, but what do you need to do to allow this to be a continuous recording?

As in if you want to do a few laps and then take the card out it is split into small 20-30s parts.

Sorry if this is an easy thing to do.

Cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
latest tech for dash cam behind front mirror?

Hello All,

There hasn't been anything posted here for over a year. Has there been a newer better dash cam set released for front and rear fitting in the GTR with infra red for night vision?

Has anyone figured out a way to connect a dash cam set to the GTR LCD screen that is a part of the dashboard?

Is there a way to also fit a cam in the front bumper too so we can better navigate through those narrowed roads with concrete posts ballasts on residential roads where they try to stop commercial vehicles going through? New to driving this car and really don't want to scuff the new alloys...

I am getting my new GTR in January and would ideally like to fit all of this when it arrive so would be greatful for any input.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
i have in use in the juke nismo HKS DMR150D and in the skyline the HKS DMR200D with rear infrared camera.

never whant another one.

GPS, G-sensors, parking-mode, motion detection and much more.

you can set it as recording always,
activated on G-sensor to record, sensitivity can be set of sensors
set it on parkingmode, starts recording when seen move detection around car

when recording always coordinates , G-sensor X-Y-Z axis, time, front and rear camera in screen when viewing the recorded video's.

Once you try this camera, you never whant another one

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have in use in the juke nismo HKS DMR150D and in the skyline the HKS DMR200D with rear infrared camera.

never whant another one.

when recording always coordinates , G-sensor X-Y-Z axis, time, front and rear camera in screen when viewing the recorded video's.

Thank you Gojira. I shall look them over :cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts

never whant another one.

Hey Gojira, :bowdown1:This looks good on the Japanese website. But where can I buy it in the UK? Where did you buy yours or did you import it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got this setup from Amazon, had it for about a year - it works really well and the picture looks good quality! Front and rear coverage too which is a bonus.. It has got a tiny screen but I just put the memory card into the laptop!

Accfly A1 2.7inch (can't post link because I'm new lol)

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I have had a cheap £20 Chinese model and also a Nextbase 512 at 7x the price. All in all they were very similar. The Nextbase build quality was better but I wouldn***8217;t rate it 7x the price better.
I think that dashcams purchases are like buying a TV. You do loads of research opt for a model you think is best for what you need versus price and your happy with the purchase, well generally anyway.
For me I think being able to tuck the camera behind the internal mirror so there is as little showing when I look through the windscreen is what sways my choice, but I have found that some of the smaller dashcams can get very hot when running. This can means some get very hot in the summer.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I've got the Nextbase Duo and it works well - one unit for front and back recording. Picture quality is excellent - even at night - and it does all the usual things like GPS coordinates, map, speed, direction of travel, sound etc etc. Never had a problem with it at all.

Hadn't heard about the Goluk cameras but they seem to be good and have lots of features from what others have said.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts