GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much as the title says.

When does the UK move to a new R35 Model Year...
Is it delivery after a date e.g. 1st March?
Or orders placed after a date e.g. 1st November?

And what is that magic cutoff date?

Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
Pretty much as the title says.

When does the UK move to a new R35 Model Year...

Thanks
Others may have more details but it seems to vary each year... For instance the MY17 was shown to interested parties early in 2016 but I'm not sure when it could be ordered (by the Dealer from Nissan). I don't think there were many (any?) early deliveries on the 66 plate so most will be plated 17.

MY15 was notified to dealers in February 2015 and my 45th Edition arrived at Dealer in April.

For that reason I don't expect to hear any spec changes for MY18 until next year...

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I thought it followed the same pattern every year, i.e. the MY13 was available from 1st March 2013 when the plates change to 13. Same with every MY except the current one, when Nissan didn't want to wait until March 2017 to release the facelift MY17, so My17 was available from Sept 2016 as a 66 plate. As far as I know, no other MY is available dated before the plate it represents. (UK only).

·
Registered
2,355 Posts

Thanks
Btw, some dealers would try to sell you an older MY in the hope that you don't notice. If they had a MY11 in stock, it could be sold in say May 2012, an unsuspecting buyer would think he's getting a MY12 when he's getting a 12 plate MY11.

That's why it's handy to know the subtle changes to each MY, and also the VIN of each MY has the next year's number in it (afaik) so a MY11 would have a 12 in it. Unscrupulous dealers could use that to convince you it was a 12 if you didn't know any better.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've no evidence to suggest otherwise Trev, although the announcement of the new MY specs does seem to vary. That may well be dependant on the residual stocks that are around, e.g. no cars left, announce new MY and start taking orders for delivery as you state. Lots of stock, hold off the new MY spec until deliveries are imminent....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very helpful.
So it doesn't sound like Android auto will miraculously materialise on a September delivery date car, given it'll still be MY17 and there's no mention of it in the brochure.
Oh well, seems it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Thanks.
N.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts