GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where this beasty is now? Does anybody on the board own it? Is it still very highly tuned? Is it still alive? I remember following it's progress from std to 600'ish (I think) bhp in Performance Car and Evo magazine. Would be interesting to know if David misses it or prefers his Ferrari. I suspect the Ferrari is cheaper to run though!!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
drop him a PM - I think he still pops over here occasionally...

I know Hugh Keir has his R33 ECU, so maybe he can shed some light on the rest of the car! I believe it was broken when sold (but I may be wrong)...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
David's Car

The car had many parts removed and was sold several years ago with near standard bhp (I actually looked at it when it was for sale).

The spec it was built to was considered advanced then (given that few GTRs were in the UK then), but is now pretty commonplace (based on 2530s with 550cc injectors).

Given that many similar spec cars have now been dynoed (whereas Davids power figures were estimates), it is certain that David's car was actually about 500-550bhp.

Guy

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice one Guy. I think I asked him about it before but never really got anywhere with him.

Just wanted to know if it was ever dyno'd at it's proclaimed figures and it wasn't to his knowledge. Hmm.

Really wanted to see the promised road test in EVO but it never happened. Ah well, maybe someone else will get in there?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I have the Mines ECU from his car + the matching Mines airflow meters. They are for sale.

I also have a pair of near new HKS 2530's that can be sold with the above.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Abbey did some work

As far as I know Abbey did some poss a lot of work on Godzilla but when it was put back to "normal" I got the intercooler !!! Also looked at the wheels at one stage but Dave had "used" them !!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Godzillop

It was a long time ago,its not interesting anymore.
Things have moved on.David is a great bloke but needs a Skyline.

Looking at the new products available and how they are going to fit into what we already have must be the way forward.We have the new GTR V6 twin turbo engine in some of the Japanese
Touring Cars which already are out-performing the RB26 cars.I`m for forward thinking.

Henry.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yes I guess he needs to stop saying and start paying to get another GTR or change his record:D

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm working on him :)

to get another R34 or the like .... I actually was the last to drive his R33 to Crowne Motors (now defunct) before he sold it.

It still had the mega clutch.

I saw a VERY similar car 18 months ago in the police stolen car pound by Hanger Lane when I was ID'ing my nicked R34 :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts