GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobles are offering a upgrade DRL package of led lights.

Does anybody have photo's or GTR's with them on. Would like to see what they look like or if there are any other versions out there :D

Ta in advance

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Do you have the prices of the upgrade??

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Robbie I hadn't noticed them on your car. But thanks for the suggestion of doing search.
This is what i came up with when i search for DRL
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/105207-mandatory-drl-europe-2011-a.html
But if you think my thread is spurious - why bother posting on it?

The point of my thread was that my HPC had offered a dealer fit option of DRL's. I guess that might interest some of the guys here buying their cars in the UK? Or maybe not.

Wonder why i don't sign up for GTROC?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
the search statement is because the light bit has been done before a few times, there are at least 3 threads with pic's, don't take it personally

searching for LED brings up more hits than DLR or daylight

when I joined 5 years ago i was told to search all the time

I put pics up anyway, i suspect the JDM lights are to close together for EU rules. Nissan follows the rules to the letter look at the stupid 4 tail light thing

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the search statement is because the light bit has been done before a few times, there are at least 3 threads with pic's, don't take it personally

searching for LED brings up more hits than DLR or daylight

when I joined 5 years ago i was told to search all the time

I put pics up anyway, i suspect the JDM lights are to close together for EU rules. Nissan follows the rules to the letter look at the stupid 4 tail light thing
Ta ;) Will take a look for 'LED'

Thanks

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
smuggling into your suitcase might be cheaper, remember to order them before you go as it will take a few days delivery

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
smuggling into your suitcase might be cheaper, remember to order them before you go as it will take a few days delivery
I'm overdue a trip to TKY to visit a mate - sounds like a plan!

I've just read quite a few LED threads and no way would i pay £999 for those! I think i must have misunderstood the V/U shape config - or made that (wrong) assumption

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
when I got my car they were 400 to 500 quid, exchange rates where better then. I nearly said no, perhaps I should sell them :)

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Daylight running lights that dont come on in daylight?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Fine line between "chavvy stuck on from Halfords" and nice looking mod.....

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fine line between "chavvy stuck on from Halfords" and nice looking mod.....
Surely chavvy stuck on from halfords could be made to look like a nice mod for far less than £963?

Somebody with a bit on entrepreneurial sense and some contacts could make a killing......i mean in the UK (not Japan) lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not meaning to be rude but can anyone explain why these cost
£34
Cruise-Lite Diamond Ice LED Daytime Styling Lamps | Auxiliary Lighting | Demon Tweeks Motorsport, Motorcycle, Car Modifying, Parts and Accessories,Sparco, Arai
and the version from Japan £800!

Admittedly the demon-tweaks version don't fit exactly. But a housing wouldn't be that expensive?
There are a number of DRL's out there - another place is here Buy Car Accessories online including Audi Style Daylight Running Lights and LEDS but the quality of the LED's vary a lot.

I bought some from Autobacs (cost about £70) in Tokyo last year - attached to my current car - they are as good a quality as those MB fit on their new E-Class.

Saying that, the Nissan version is such a good fit into the bumper...

Prashan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts