GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all - a friend of mine (not a member here yet) went to look at a new GTR today at a main dealer.

They had a Daytona Blue 2019 car in the showroom. The sales guy put him off the colour remarking it's a colour nearly as bad / similar to black for showing imperfections, scratches, swirl marks etc.

there was a lot of persuasion towards a 2018 demo car in storm white they were trying to shift. Also nice.

Wondering if the blue is really that bad or was it a sales tactic? (not counting ppf or ceramic coating that keeps black looking new etc).

thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Daytona Blue is the best colour for DBA's IMO.

EBA's (2018's) have a different blue for my memory. And white is my fave in EBA's.

Colour is always a personal thing though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Daytona Blue is the best colour for DBA's IMO.

EBA's (2018's) have a different blue for my memory. And white is my fave in EBA's.

Colour is always a personal thing though.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I had a my11 Daytona blue and it can show up a bit but just go for what colour you like. The paint on the gtr is notorious for being thin and easy to scratch regardless of colour so just go for what you like.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
We're refering to the clearcoat, swirls in clearcoat always show up more on dark colours due to the contrast.
The clearcoat is unchanged between paint colours.

Daytona is the best colour in the sun, a bit flat when the sun isn't shining, for me dark colours suit the GT-R best.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,274 Posts
I've had Black, daytona blue, white, katsura orange and now DMG and if looked after (polished or ceramic coated) all of them are the same. In the the Eba car I think the black looks more aggressive than the blue because of the contours... So I'd go with black out of two.. If he can wait I'd go for katsura orange or the DMG.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
Sounds like sales tactics to shift the demo car.. All colours look good, once cleaned etc.. depends how often your friend wants to clean the car, the ceramic/ppf protection nowadays can do wonders. Go with whichever you like, not the salesman preference, they won't be driving it!

·
Vendor
6,274 Posts
One thing I'd highly recommend regardless of which colour he chose is get the front end ppf'd, the paint chips very easily on the eba car because of the flatter front face.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
as already mentioned just go for ppf

if you can afford to do the whole car then do it

after that you could wash it with a yard brush and muddy water and never see a swirl !!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My black DBA is hard to keep clean and hard to stop swirls...
I use poorboys polish and waxes.
Everytime a bird shits on the car i get paint damage. Each morning i check and jetwash if required.

So buy a red DBA LOL

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Bear in mind that Daytona Blue is now discontinued from factory and is the second slowest to sell after red (surprisingly).

The white is also being replaced as is the Katsura Orange.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Evening all - a friend of mine (not a member here yet) went to look at a new GTR today at a main dealer.

They had a Daytona Blue 2019 car in the showroom. The sales guy put him off the colour remarking it's a colour nearly as bad / similar to black for showing imperfections, scratches, swirl marks etc.

there was a lot of persuasion towards a 2018 demo car in storm white they were trying to shift. Also nice.

Wondering if the blue is really that bad or was it a sales tactic? (not counting ppf or ceramic coating that keeps black looking new etc).

thanks
I've had red, blue and orange. The clear coat can be easily scratched on them. However, keep it out of car washes, don't let the garage clean it and use two buckets when you wash it yourself will keep it nice. I have frontal protection on the latest car and that has really helped minimise stone chip damage.

·
Registered
231 Posts

thanks
I've had red, blue and orange. The clear coat can be easily scratched on them. However, keep it out of car washes, don't let the garage clean it and use two buckets when you wash it yourself will keep it nice. I have frontal protection on the latest car and that has really helped minimise stone chip damage.
PS - the dealers seem to have a lot of white cars atm incl several brand new Nismos...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts