GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get one as I am changing my exhaust to a GTC titan, I want to ensure it will pass sound checks.

Any advice as to a good value one to buy and do the testers just (for static tests) put it right up to the tail pipe?

·
Registered
462 Posts
db

Ive got a full professional one as it took me 3 months to pass Castle Coombe with my Radical and I got fed up of being turned away

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet, david can I borrow yours seeing as we live closer.

Thanks anyway Limo

Good to hear Tom, was that with a straight through y pipe or silenced?

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Had the same problem with the Milltek system, then changed to the Litchfield 102mm with silenced downpipes.

I am now below 98db on drive by and about 93db static with better spool up and great sound.

The answer is a Litchfield 102mm with silenced Y pipe and then all circuits can be used.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Sweet, david can I borrow yours seeing as we live closer.

Thanks anyway Limo

Good to hear Tom, was that with a straight through y pipe or silenced?
Not sure if the GTC Titan has a silenced version or not, it's fairly loud, sounds great and even better with the downpipes!

·
Vendor
1,709 Posts
Ive got the full 80mm Titan with downpipes and its loud. If there is a silenced version, I'm pretty sure I don't have it. Does sound fab though but no way I'll be allowed anywhere near a track :)

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Don't change your exhaust system !!!!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have never been to a track day, but the sound limits has always got my interest, why is it they put a limit on the sound?

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
I have never been to a track day, but the sound limits has always got my interest, why is it they put a limit on the sound?
cos they are t*ssers !!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
They are reducing the customer base hugely by putting a cap on it, so either 1 of 2 things.

They either not too worried about business and happy how it is, or there is residency nearby and government laws apply with sound.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Almost certainly the latter. Apparently years ago many tracks were built on 'spare' land adjacent to deaf and dumb hospices. The government of the day drew up legislation to protect their fellow MP's residencies :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts