GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used these?

I've got standard Brembo's on the car at the moment, and have done 3 nurburgring trips on them, as well as the "On your marks" day, and they are on thier last legs. I totally ruined them at the Ring last year

Thing is, i don't do a lot of track driving, mainly fast road, so would the DBA 4000xs be up to that, and the odd ring trip? I know people rate DBA discs in general, and Performance friction, but ive been offered some of the 4000xs relativley cheap

so, has anyone used them? Anyone tracked on them?

any input?

mook

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I use them on some evo´s...seem to work very well...;)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I need to do my discs and pads pretty soon. The standard 32 brakes are crap, and plus they look terrible behind my black wheels. Where you thinking of getting them, and how much you been quoted for the discs? How bout the pads? What you gonna put on for the bite Mook?

Spill the beans man!

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
I'll be using ds2500 pads, but dunno wether I should save up fir the Perfornace friction discs instead?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I've got DBA discs & 2500 pads.

Haven't tracked the car yet, but on the 30 to 130 challenge and standing mile runs, the braking caused the discs to discolour, which suggests they got very hot and I wasn't braking that hard, albeit was from over 160mph.

Still work OK with no judder, but car has been off the road for some time undergoing an engine rebuild.

Car is a GTR32 with GTR33 brakes all round.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Actually it was the dba4000s that had a problem with cracking, the slotted ones in specific, however they seemed to have revised the design.

I'm currently running the 4000s + 2500 pads, very good setup for street that fairs decently on track.

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
There are 3 types of 4000 series. It's the XS as shown above that I've been offered, but dunno if it's worth saving up for something better? Would I know any different on the road?

Mook

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
Sorry dude, it's a private seller, only got one pair

still no conclusive answer though :(

mook

1 - 11 of 11 Posts