GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've readed many post for Single Throttle vs Multi Itb.
But, who has done a DBW conversion on both?
What parts are needed to keep the Multi ITB For a DBW conversion?
I think that is easier on a Single throttle.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I think that is easier on a Single throttle.
No reason why it should be unless you have a STB already. If you have ITB's then surely it would be easier to keep that setup?? The only benefit I can see is that, with the right STB from a production vehicle, you could simplify the actuation mechanism as it'll already be there in a factory STB.

Matt J did exactly this in ITB's with his R33 and it's something that's on my 'final spec' sheet too!! He used an actuator and linkage mounted underneath the plenum IIRC. Go and search for his build thread and you'll see it all there.......if Photobucket hasn't destroyed it. :mad:

TT

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No reason why it should be unless you have a STB already. If you have ITB's then surely it would be easier to keep that setup?? The only benefit I can see is that, with the right STB from a production vehicle, you could simplify the actuation mechanism as it'll already be there in a factory STB.

Matt J did exactly this in ITB's with his R33 and it's something that's on my 'final spec' sheet too!! He used an actuator and linkage mounted underneath the plenum IIRC. Go and search for his build thread and you'll see it all there.......if Photobucket hasn't destroyed it. :mad:

TT
I've a ITBs setup with a Greddy Manifold but I was thinking to convert it to a STB.
Unfortunately Photobucket has destroyed all :(
I can't find anything on Matt J's thread.

What's the benefit on a STB instead of a ITBs setup?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
from a performance point of view i doubt there is much in it.

one technical consideration is the type of motor you want to use, there are more factory stb actuators and they will be supported by more ecus.

another point is the current required to drive the throttle motor, the link ecus dont have as much puff as syvecs so that might limit your options.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from a performance point of view i doubt there is much in it.

one technical consideration is the type of motor you want to use, there are more factory stb actuators and they will be supported by more ecus.

another point is the current required to drive the throttle motor, the link ecus dont have as much puff as syvecs so that might limit your options.
I've readed a thread for a DBW conversion and Link G4+ Ecu with great success on the Support forum of Link Ecu.

With a STB I know the route. R35 Pedal and LS3 TB or others.
But for ITBs I don't know how is possible to do. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
PM matt J. He'll, I'm sure, explain what he did...

TT

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Check out Galvsport R32 - their work is top notch and is running full Motec engine management with their own DBW setup and Bosch Motorsport ABS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Excellent work Stefan. Watching this with great interest!
Thanks a lot mate! made a few small changes this week to bring total kit costs down. its all coming together. I look forward to finally being able to release it and being 120% satisfied with the final product.

Regards
Stefan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts