1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I thought I could share my last project car before the GTR :smokin:

Here we go:

My last project car was a DC2 which I completely rebuilt, from a bone stock NA sports car to a turbo charged performance car, on my own (just got a little help with the engine as I don't have all the necessary machines in my garage).

It ended up with a fully forged 2 litre engine, a Precision T3/T4 BB charger, Drag Intercooler, Custom piping, custom 3" exhaust, HKS SSQV, AEM fpr, 720cc Injectors, machined head, custom oil cooler, HID, racing clutch, HKS EVC V, HKS Turbo Timer, AEM Wide Band Uego, Stack Racing Dash, Haltech C6X, PWJDM front + rear tower bar, Wiechers roll bar, Sparco Competition steering, Buddy Club Racing bucket seats + Bride seat brackets, custom CF interior, Ings+ JGTC Rearwing, Advan RG 7,5x17 with 215/40/17 Kumho KU15, H&R coilover, Tarox G88 discs + BFG braided hoses + Ferodo DS2500 (front/rear), and many more...

The car was pushing 460bhp and 540Nm of torque @1.2bar of boost, rev limit @9000rpm, top speed of 270 km/h (OEM gearbox) and a curb weight of 1000kg :D

It was a great fun to drive and the car amazed a lot of Porsche drivers and others with Performance cars when they tried to follow/catch me on the Auotbahn. But unfortunately it was just a FF car. Last year in spring I decided to sell it and make my biggest dream come true. My first GTR :D

Hope you like it :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Leo

PS: Will add some more pics as soon as I'm at home ;)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I can see them and it looks the business :thumbsup: I would love something like that as a track car. How reliable was it with the turbocharged motor?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would love something like that as a track car. How reliable was it with the turbocharged motor?

I had some issues with my first engine (was 1.9l sleeved B18C6 block), actually one of the valve springs broke due to a material defect so one of the cylinder was running to lean and overheated.

Fixed this problem on my second rebuild (new internals again, cylinder/sleeves bored and honed then to 2.0l) and since then I had no major problems. As far as I know the new owner still enjoys driving it on street and track without any issues.

The only problem was the traction. When the street was a litlle wet you had wheelspin in 4th gear at 180km/h. You had to now how to drive this car and you needed a sensible right foot, but when you got used to it you could move the car damn fast :D

Let me know when you're planing something like this as I might can help you out with my knowledge about the Honda B-series engines (actually my engine builder, two other mates with turbo charged B-series engines and me did a lot of development on these engines) :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plenty of torque steer no doubt!!? nice work.
Surprisingly not. The standard LSD worked quite well and after all suspension modifications and chassis stiffening the car handeled no longer like a typical FF car. It was way more agile and drove more like a FR/4WD car through the corner. You had to push it really really hard (way off the limit) to get seriuous understeer when accelerating out of the corner.

It was a real awesome car to drive, but time had come to take things up to the next level :D

If I could have afforded to buy my GTR without selling it, I would have defo kept it :smokin:

Cheers,

Leo

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Pics don't work for me, Leo - I often can't see your pics for some reason. I just see "Directupload.net - No Hotlinking allowed, etc" :(
Have you thought of using Photobucket (It's free & always works fine)?

I've seen pics anyways, when you e-mailed them. I knew then your R32 was going to turn out something special when you're done with the further tinkering :D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's really strange, as I always use directupload and never had any issues with it...

... but you could see all the pics in my project thread???

Will try photobucket when uploading the pics from the photo shoot tho.

I needed to sell it as else I couldn't buy the GTR from you :D

But feel free to send me some money and I'll buy it back :chuckle:

Sorry but what is a WMD???

Leo

·
Registered
580 Posts
Great effort!! :thumbsup:

Love DC2's, they are great cars and my best friend have built a turboconversion on his type-R here in Norway, using full-race turbo kit and some customparts he achieved 527whp @ 1,2bars in a dynapack, it's a mental car so I know you have had a lot of fun with yours! :smokin:

Looking forward to seeing the end result of your R32 project, looking so good already! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
awesome looking car mate!

im building a B18c4 turbo atm :)

overbored b18 with a b16 head and modified GT30 turbo :) turbo recorded 589hp at bar on my uncles evo, so should be plently in the civic :D cant see me running that sort of power, i imagine will go similar to you! i have to admit though i want to sleeve it but was considering leaving it. What do you reckon the limit for open decked b series power/boost wise?

should be a good laugh! is my 'cheap' track toy to replace my gtr when it goes! love the integra shape!

did you stay with factory lsd? or go quaife?

(you may have stated sorry if you did!)

Chris

1 - 20 of 45 Posts