GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else getting these now the cold weather has arrived?

Not the normal transmission hesitation but what I'd best describe as a bit like bunny hops, whilst the tranny is still cold

lol; I'm lovin it

·
Registered
760 Posts

Not the normal transmission hesitation but what I'd best describe as a bit like bunny hops, whilst the tranny is still cold

lol; I'm lovin it
I tend to get a bit of jolt when changing down into 2nd under braking, but only when leaving the change fairly late (that's to say, if the road speed is such that there's a decent throttle blip on downchange, it feels fine, but at slower speed with a middling blip, I get a bit of a jolt - like in a manual if you come off the clutch too quickly).

Anyone else noticed this? Not sure whether this is something that can be sorted by realinging clutches. However, I'm happy with changes up or down the box most of the time - always seems at its best when pressing on though.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I tend to get a bit of jolt when changing down into 2nd under braking, but only when leaving the change fairly late (that's to say, if the road speed is such that there's a decent throttle blip on downchange, it feels fine, but at slower speed with a middling blip, I get a bit of a jolt - like in a manual if you come off the clutch too quickly).

Anyone else noticed this? Not sure whether this is something that can be sorted by realinging clutches. However, I'm happy with changes up or down the box most of the time - always seems at its best when pressing on though.
Yes - I believe they all do this so nothing to worry about.

D

·
Registered
167 Posts

lol; I'm lovin it
Finally gave my car a run this morning into work. -1 and in auto exactly as you say Zed Ed. Rev, clutch bite, Rev clutch bite - :D

Still it's smoother than the v8 in my M3 which really really hated cold mornings so much so that you'd have to dip the clutch to stop some of the 'bunny hops'

·
Registered
634 Posts
My E46 SMG M3 used to do this as well pogo'ing as it was called on my old M3 forum - is it the engine or something that flappy paddle gear boxes suffer with.

My 911 never did it but my mates Fezza does it as well.

Kp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts