GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well done to Guy :D

Another sucessful day at tuning japanese and it didn't even rain.
A good selection of cars and results. :D

There were a few people taking photos and i'm sure Joss would not mind posting them up on the events page.

Nice to see some new faces. (and old :eek: )

Best regards Alan

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
dyno day

come on then guy put up the results so us up in scotland can find out the low down on the day. who got the most power this time
and what was its bhp and torque.

we are waiting

keith cowie

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dyno Sheets

Yeh........where's the evidence! :)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
dyno results

charlie no one is letting the cat out of the bag
maybe there cars did not make what they wanted to see.

HA,HA,HA.

KEITH

·
Registered
446 Posts
Where's the goodies?

HHmmmm...........seems a bit quiet!!!!!!
I believe Guy was the coordinator on the day.
Maybe his scanner blew a turbo.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Got what I wanted

I had hoped for 370bhp (small potatoes) and got 379bhp so I am reasonably happy with this benchmark figure. Now I only need to get 121bhp over the winter to be a happy chappy!!!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Congratulations guys - one hell of a set of figures...must have been quite a spectacle !!!

So, what sort of footage did people get from the day ? Did anyone take a video camera along ?? ;)

Out of interest, looking at those results, what the hell are people like Top Secret doing to get the sort of figures they report. Only it's obvious that some of the cars over here have had incredible amounts of work done (The beast for example), and the figures are 300bhp lower than the figures coming out of Japan. I'm not trying to lower what has been achieved here because those sorts of figures are absolutely amazing to me, i'm just trying to get an understanding of what's being done in Japan to get what they get !

Once again, great results guys....i look forward to reading all about it in what should be a great feature in fast car mag.

Nice one !

Cheers
Daz
http://www.myselector.freeserve.co.uk

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
All those 1000+ bhp cars from over this side of the world are mostly all Demo cars from tuning houses and are all designed for drag racing.
To achieve those kind of figures they just use massive twin turbos, and rebuild the engine with more cc and seriuosly expensive internals to reach 10-11000 rpm....where all that high pressure power comes in at.
Not very handy on a track though:(

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
nice day

Guy
thanks for a nice day i was pleasantly supprised and am still grinning and thank you all for that cheer i will always remember that
Daz the only comment i can make to you is that the beast in its early stage under a different ownership was reported to have had well over 900 pub bhp it has taken me nearly 1 year to improve the car and remove the pub stigma there is still more to do, it is not a question of money at all it is a fact of dedication and perseverance to extract the next 3000 rpms worth of power that my freind is pure skill.
I respectfully would be very interested to see TOP SECRETS car and other japanese tuning companys cars run there 1000 plus bhp cars on TJs dyno using our pump fuel as i feel there would be a different outcome.
One last thing guy you posted 2 runs for friday so why did you not post ruperts figure for friday as this was over 650,
nice to see you all
damm good club this!
Gary
GTART.CO.UK
THE FUTURTIVE
(or should it be the block uncracker ha ha :smokin: )

·
Registered
994 Posts
For those who missed it and as it hasn`t been mentioned yet here is my result for DD2; 586.5 BHP at 1.445bar with459lbf-ft of torque.thanks as always to Gary at GT-ART for the HKS fuel regulator and thankyou Tim for demonstrating the massive advantage of having a rolling road,cheers.

DD3 will see my Skyline back in the World of the living ,I wonder who will top the list again......:p

Even though it can be proved,I`m affraid it the results on the DAY that count.:)

Cheers Guy for your hard work,I couldn`t do it.

Henry. Blitz Racelogic Supra.

ps Watch out you don`t choke on your porridge Jocks!;)
pps Did I see Glen?:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Please can you guys post the weight of the cars in Kilograms?
I am curious to see how much HP I need to beat you all on the power to weight ratio.
My VERY old Skyline is at 1050 Kilogram which would mean about 350 HP from a L28 Turbo engine. phew a lot of work to do.........

Just curious, that's all

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just a quick not to say what an excellent day it was yesterday, a big thanks to Guy for organising the event.

I look forward to another session once i get some bigger injectors in so I can run more than 1 bar of boost.

Cheers,
Mike S

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Excellent, that was exactly the kind of info i was after....so thanks for putting me straight.

Again i'd like to state that i wasn't trying to knock the fitures that have been achieved, as i think they are incredible...you guys will have to take me out for a spin sometime !!

Gary, i look forward to hearing the details on the beast as things develop....if it's still in early stages, it's gonna be frightening when complete ! Are you going to be bringing it to the Bolney meet as i'd like to get a proper look at it :D

I look forward to seeing as many of you guys as possible at Bolney - which looks like it's going to be a really good one (we're over 40 cars now).

Cheers
Daz
http://www.myselector.freeserve.co.uk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Another question,

Why are you guys running so low on torque, is this because of the high 8000 rpm redline?
Just asking because my Volvo S60 is at 320-340HP with 430-440 NM torque which seems a lot higher in comparission.
I'm not sure but an internet conversion site gave me approx. 320LB for 430NM, right?
I always thought that a good torque curve is better then high HP figure?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
quick skyline

henry just remember up in scotland we have the jun super lemon
skyline it is ment to be 1000 bhp but that does not matter what does is the fact it does the quarter mile in 10.5 faster than any other skyline in the country who is laughing now.

and i have seen it do that what times was the beast doing

ha,ha.

keith cowie

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
super lemon

guy you will have to ask greer sport about getting the car out to a dyno day but i think it will be to far to drive the car.
this car is very very fast when dave jones the guy that ownes the car was doing the 10.5 sec runs he was not dropping the clutch he was just pulling away then feeding in the power and just eating up the motor bikes. my car was doing 12.4 sec with 453 bhp then you have that car doing 10.5 sec it does not take much to work out that to be almost 2 sec faster it must have near the 1000 bhp, if not it cant be far off it. this car must have cost serious money.

keith

1 - 20 of 70 Posts