GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car finally had MOT yesturday and it had a few problems with emissions, still managed to pass though ;)

its running a sports cat at the moment but the guy who did the MOT a mate of mine says its pretty much fcuked.

i want to know if its possible to just put a de-cat pipe on the car without a remap?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody knows then whether i can swap my sports cat for a de-cat pipe without getting the car re-mapped?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Hi Luffy,

Don't know the definitive answer:confused:

My R33-GTR (UK SPEC) Had the original ecu & no cat.

My R34-GTR (Import) Abbey changed the downpipes & fitted a cat replacement pipe, with a restictor I believe? but keeping the original ecu.

Since then I have had a boost controller & power fc fitted.

On all occasions car ran fine on SUL

Regards,

Dave.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only thing im concerned bout is the fuelling whether it would effect that in anyway?

i suppose other option is to get it fitted and run it on dyno to see if alls ok

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
when ron K fitted some induction kits and downpipes to my car he said it wouldnt need checking and would be fine. he checked the timing was ok and that was that. Cant hear any det or anything like that.

Where you going to get the decat from? if you buy from someone like abbey they will be able to give you the definitive answer.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers mart.

i need to measure exhaust just to make sure its a pretty std item then ill prob ring abbey or gt-art and confirm it with them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts