GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove the car yesterday, started fine. Noticed straight away that the battery voltage was around 10v and not showing ~14 as I would expect.

Its not been driven for a while so I thought I would give it a run and see if it needed a charge. The battery light was on and after a while it felt like the powersteering was going heavy in a sort of pulsing fashion when cornering?! :( :confused:

Stopped the car and the battery was totally dead, wouldnt even turn over.

Got some jump leads and hooked them up to a running car to try and put a bit of charge in the battery. Gave it 10 mins and turned it over and it started no worries. Voltage was back up to 12v but dropped off all the way home as if it wasnt getting any charge.

Any suggestions on what to try? Its supposed to be going into Abbey on Saturday but it isnt going anywhere at the moment!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol... Im going to phone Mark in the morning.

The problem I have is that the car came with a warranty supplied by Newera. Abbey were not too keen on taking on warranty work and I dont want to have to foot bills myself that should be dealt with under warranty.

Im going to call Gareth @ Newera tomorrow and see what he suggests. Its not much use giving me a warranty and me not being able to find anyone who will firstly even entertain dealing with a warranty co, and then secondly a company that I actually trust to work on the car!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts