GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm a new member - don't own a GTR yet but looking around at the moment with the intention of purchasing an early model '09 vehicle before the summer.

Just curious about typical dealer discount (if there is such a thing as "Typical") - if i see a car advertised for 39K, have you any idea what sort of straight sale discount to expect/negotiate? Have any of you been in this scenario?

By the way, love this site - some fantastic posts and advice on all things GTR!

Karejoca

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
look on Piston heads it'll give you an indication of asking price.

check the condition of tyres, if they are almost finished they are £1300 a set so room to haggle there.

Also breaks and discs are 2-3k for a full set so if they haven't been replaced in the last few K miles = more haggle room

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

Do you know how to check if a car has been launched?

And is it wise to have someone independant to check over the car mechanically before purchase? I guess that could be expensive to have done.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it being launched, just because its been launched doesn't mean it will be any more likely to break, typically its plain bad luck rather than any specific kind of use (excluding obvious abuse, 500+ launches from cold for example). I'd launched mine a lot of times before I went down the upgrade route. Just account for a gearbox service when buying, get it dropped, cleaned and upgrade the circlips and sump magnet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts