GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up December issue today. Interesting article comparing R35 with new 911 turbo and Mercedes (gullwing) SLS AMG

·
Registered
142 Posts
axolotl , I'll try to pick up the mag but won't be till probably friday.

Is it worth buying it because you say it is intereting re R35. So is it positive for us R35 owners?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i found it positive to me. it makes me feel good to know i've somehow managed to own something that reaches the same heights as these other cars

·
Registered
180 Posts
+2 !!

Spill the beans, am stuck in Germany so won't be able to buy myself a copy! What was the final verdict?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol. they gave 5 stars to all three. they said they'd get the gt-r felt the quickest and also that they'd choose it if it was their own money and the 911 if "the company's paying" They said that "while the Turbo and the GT-R sometimes struggle to disguise their hooligan genes, the SLS is an extrovert in the best possible taste. It takes gold." I've got no idea what they're talking about with the last statement but, hey this isn't EVO it's only CAR. Anyway there is a nice paragraph describing the thrill of driving the GT-R. They reckon it's the quickest of the three to 62mph and they saw an indicated speed of 202mph on the autobahn. (I'm guessing the speedo was over-reading though as I would have thought the GT-R would hit the rev limiter in 6th before 200)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To those for whom the dentist's words echo on confused ears....I believe said dentist is apologising for starting a second thread also discussing the CAR article, entitled "GTR, critics". Apology accepted, no harm done! :)

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
lol. they gave 5 stars to all three. they said they'd get the gt-r felt the quickest and also that they'd choose it if it was their own money and the 911 if "the company's paying" They said that "while the Turbo and the GT-R sometimes struggle to disguise their hooligan genes, the SLS is an extrovert in the best possible taste. It takes gold." I've got no idea what they're talking about with the last statement but, hey this isn't EVO it's only CAR. Anyway there is a nice paragraph describing the thrill of driving the GT-R. They reckon it's the quickest of the three to 62mph and they saw an indicated speed of 202mph on the autobahn. (I'm guessing the speedo was over-reading though as I would have thought the GT-R would hit the rev limiter in 6th before 200)
Was it a manual 911 Turbo or PDK. The PDK with LC allegedly makes 0-60 in 3.0s, so it surprises me that the GTR is faster than that to 60. The rest sounds about right though.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Was it a manual 911 Turbo or PDK. The PDK with LC allegedly makes 0-60 in 3.0s, so it surprises me that the GTR is faster than that to 60. The rest sounds about right though.

Yup the word "allegedly" says it all. We know the GTR will hit 0-60 in 3.3 and is faster round the ring that those 2 and I know from 1st hand experience that the GTR is faster and can pull away from a 911 Turbo, an Audi R8 V8 and V10, any of the current Lambo's and a 430 Scud !!! FACT !!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Indeed, I think it was the racelogic videos that were floating around very recently showed a repeatable average of 3.06 seconds using the LC on the PDK 997.2 Turbo Cab.

EVO recently timed the Panamera Turbo at 3.6 seconds to 60 !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yup the word "allegedly" says it all. We know the GTR will hit 0-60 in 3.3 and is faster round the ring that those 2 and I know from 1st hand experience that the GTR is faster and can pull away from a 911 Turbo, an Audi R8 V8 and V10, any of the current Lambo's and a 430 Scud !!! FACT !!
BULLSHIT ! There is NO way a 1700+ kg car can "pull away" from a 1600 kg car with more power and a huge pile more torque (650 nm from 1950 to 5000 rpm vs 580 nm from 3200 to 5200 rpm), unless of course the driver of the other car is a complete moron ! And the same goes for the 0-60 times. Whoever says otherwise is defying basic logic. What's even more revolting though is that you're implying that Porsche engineers LIED when they quoted a 3.4 s 0-62 time for the PDK Sport-Crono 911 turbo. Why ? Because your petty little mind simply can't conceive that an other car can surpass your GT-R. Not even one that weights 100+ kg less, produces more power and has a MUCH fatter torque curve, like the 911 turbo has. Oh, and did I mention it costs twice as much !? Well of course it does, because it's a much better car, from almost EVERY point of view: looks, engine, transmission, ride confort, interior fit and finish, etc etc. Ok, so maybe the GT-R is a few seconds faster on the track, but who really gives a damn about track times when buying a ROAD car ? I surely don't.

·
Registered
41 Posts
997.1 turbo tiptronic vs gt-r,turbo has huge lag from stop but on motorway speeds when you give it some slack it feel much quicker in a straight line than the gt-r(driven them back to back and turbo defo feel faster expecially at above 150-180km).Gt-r feel miles quicker in the corners,more planted to0, like its on rails sometimes.

Ive owned both and given the choice between the 2 i would get the gt-r everytime over the lagy response of the turbo engine with the bunny hopping front end(although much more comfortable i have to say).

i havent drive the new car with pdk so no comment on that.if they fixed the lag and the way the car behaves near the limit i might consider it as i like the proportions of the 911 better.my only concern with the gt-r was the size rather than the weight(unless u go 10/10 you dont really feel it).

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.