GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know ant good importers or contacts in japan that can get me a decent r33 gtr at a decent price?

·
Vendor
12,612 Posts
heerrrmmm:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont understand why someone would pay 12k for a 'normal' gtr? when they are much cheaper in the uk? fair enough if there is something really special someone will pay good money for it but 12k for just a normal gtr is just silly.

and before you bang on about how good your cars are , im sure for that sort of money there are plemty of special cars in the Uk if you got that sort of money

·
Registered
25,727 Posts
you cannot compare,

cars that have already had VAT, paid, been on the road in the UK etc,

to something that needs to be bid on, sourced, de-reg'd , shipped, high yen rate, re-registered, etc, then worth your time to do

maybe it is, and i would clearly say that you should look in the UK for your car :)

then yen rate is a real killer,

as im sure dave will testify,

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i agree with you mate...i used to get cars from japan years ago but now obviously the exchange rate is gone really crap for uk buyers.

after cost of car, fees, shipping customs etc the costs will obviously be pushed up no doubt. at the end of the day the importer has to make their living becuase they dont do it for a laugh.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Much better off getting one thats already here in the UK - thats what I wish I'd done!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Much better off getting one thats already here in the UK - thats what I wish I'd done!
not really as when i was looking for a r34 gtr a few of the u.k examples where starting to rust underneath did look at 3 as i did prefer a u.k car with history but ended up buying an import .

in totall i looked at about 20 r34 gtrs and personally the fresh imported stock was in better condition .

dont know why but it was.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, exchange rates have killed off most importers for the time being except the established good ones like Newera.

Also as has been said, you are likely to get a better condition one bodily as a fresh import than a UK car, but will have to pay a bit extra at the moment.

Good luck

Eddy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts