GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need help.... I have been invited on a track day next week and the decibel level is 98db which is obviously quite low :( Does anyone know what the db readings are for the GT-R with a Miltek Y-Pipe fitted for a stationary test but also whilst giving it large round the track? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The Milltek wont do much more than 90db, stock is 88db, the full GTC Titan only does 98db and thats far less restrictive.

I think i read somewhere it was 92db the Milltek.

I wouldnt worry about removing it.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The Milltek should be fine for trackdays,static readings on the GTR are very low,driven should be fine too....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Guys I need help.... I have been invited on a track day next week and the decibel level is 98db which is obviously quite low :( Does anyone know what the db readings are for the GT-R with a Miltek Y-Pipe fitted for a stationary test but also whilst giving it large round the track? Any help would be much appreciated.
Goodwood?

Think you'll be ok with the y-pipe, just don't have any overrun near the sensors :chuckle:

·
Registered
634 Posts
The Milltek wont do much more than 90db, stock is 88db, the full GTC Titan only does 98db and thats far less restrictive.

I think i read somewhere it was 92db the Milltek.

I wouldnt worry about removing it.

Way out - mine has been tested at two different tracks with two different meters and was well over 103 at 3/4 throttle.

I think the OP is talking about Goodwood my home track and they are very very strict on noise levels.

Kp

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
shoot me a mail if you want new gear/throttle multplier table map, before your track day i havn't sent to you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have to agree with kp that Robsm's figures are way out.

I was tested at Oulton park in November. Standard car with no mods other than a Miltek Y-Pipe and i hit 105db. (the allowed limit!)

...Mad

·
Registered
203 Posts
Tested at Bedford yesterday measured 98.1 db static at 4500 rpm, Miltek y pipe with oem exhaust, if that helps. Drive by was also fine, said they would give me a warning if getting close to limit but never heard from them.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That is very odd as mine was way over that with the same setup - How old is your Y Pipe and do you know if they have changed the design at all.

Kp

·
Registered
203 Posts
Had it fitted two weeks ago at Middlehursts, not aware that the pipe has changed at all, was yours at 4500rpm or more?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Three quarters throttle so not much more.

Kp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts