Decisions?

1K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  bayside gtr 
#1 ·
now have to make the decision which one to sell
both running about 500bhp now
need help!

See less See more
#5 ·
I would say it depends what role you want this car to take. If it is as an advert for RK at shows and the like the red 32 is linked inextricably with your company. Having said that, you are moving on this year so maybe you should capitalise on the cars 'fame' and start again. You'd get more money for the red one obviously.

You could always paint your race car red. May sound daft but surely you'd have the best of both worlds then........either way, bloody nice position to be in.

#7 ·
Hi mate

Personally, and after chatting with you, I would really like to see you keep the red car and make that a track warrior.

They are both running similar power, both are your personal cars so anyone buying should know they would both have had the same attention.

I guess it depends how much more a buyer is prepared to pay for the red cars reputation.

#8 ·
The red one is known world-wide. That's quite a feat, and when you consider that it's also the basis for your company logo I'd say it would be foolish to sell it.

I've gotta say though that I simply love the look of the white one. I have a thing for white R32s anyway but it does look good :)

Ideally I'd say keep both but then I understand how it's a chunky financial commitment to keep, develop and run both cars. You could always make the white car a mirror image of the red one, with the RK Tuning logo in red down the side...?

But if you have to keep one I'd say keep the red one.

Are you planning on developing it as a track car or sticking to drag racing?

#10 ·
Id get both up on ramps and inspect everything.

regardless of the story behind the red one it only paint, if it means that much then choose the better car and make that red.

if its for a long term track car then it has to be less down to the looks but down to actual structural aspect of the car.

my old punto was very well known, didnt want to sell and someone get credit for my work. funny enough the lad dont because everyone who knows of it refers to it as "Gregs 2ltr". so if you sell the red one it will always be known as "The RK Skyline".

#12 ·
i have already said wot i think u cant get rid of the famous red car i no its worth more money buthe will regret it when it goes the new car will b better than both of the ones he has now but it has to stay with its present owner due to the business and success and joy it has brought us all rid of white its all i can say if i had £15,000 i would buy my self and keep in the family.

#13 · (Edited)
You might think that your fed up with seeing the red one all the time, seeing that you've had it along time now, but as everyone's saying, its legend!
Plus it shows what RKtuning is all about. Disions... disions....you lucky thing!

Saying that a Big Red R34 with the same decals and white wheels would look the nuts!!!

#15 ·
Decisions

You guys seem a little confused:confused: Ron is building a new MONSTER not the White car or the Red car another one he needs to sell one to fund the new project................................

Barry

I think the Red one has to go to a good home will be a hard decision so he can concentrate on the new project.....

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

#16 ·
Ron, i think you will already know my answer to your question.

Keep the Red one! Yeah the white one is a full on track orientated weapon, but the red one has achieved so much for RK Tuning, with the nostalgia, achievements and world wide recognition surrounding the car i do honestly think you would be mad to sell it. Take the parts you want off of the white one and put on the red one.

Steve

#18 ·
as barry has said everyone the white one is not replacing the red one it is just to get him bye till the new beast of a monster is ready so in the mean time he wants a car for track use for now. the new car will be better than the current red car but also as barry has said it must go to e good home as it is a LEGEND.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.