GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got round to having my Defi VSD (head up display) fitted the other day.
Wow, what an amasing bit of kit. Was a bit dubious about fitting it at first as i was worried about it not being visible on a bright sunny day, i was shocked at the results to say the least.:thumbsup:
The main reason for me having it though is so i know how fast im going in MPH (all clocks are still in KPH) without the need for a crude electronic speedo converter. It will also link up to all the other Defi gauges i've got which is a big bonus.:thumbsup:

Heres a couple of quick pictures:

Will take a couple of night time pics once it gets dark.

Thanks to Magic Mikey for fitting it. :bowdown1:

Steve

·
Registered
318 Posts
i had plans of fitting one of them as i have just bought defi boost and oil pressure gauge + controll unit. unfortunatly my pistons have just melted so im having to sell them. never mind ill re buy them again in the future. good to know that you can see the display on a right sunny day... i would':clap: nt have thought it would be that good neither!!!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scw02102 said:
upload a video would be great to see it working :)

Where can u buy these? Cost etc..

Look great!

Cheers mate

I got mine from another forum member at a discount price. Think they retail around the £200 mark.

If i had a camcorder i would take a small clip of it working but unfortunatly i haven't.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Bandit said:
Well i finally got round to having my Defi VSD (head up display) fitted the other day.
Wow, what an amasing bit of kit. Was a bit dubious about fitting it at first as i was worried about it not being visible on a bright sunny day, i was shocked at the results to say the least.:thumbsup:
The main reason for me having it though is so i know how fast im going in MPH (all clocks are still in KPH) without the need for a crude electronic speedo converter. It will also link up to all the other Defi gauges i've got which is a big bonus.:thumbsup:

Steve
You sir are a bad influence and should be :chairshot and :banned: :D

Or lend me a couple of quid so I can get one as I will not be putting a speed converter on my car.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bajie said:
You sir are a bad influence and should be :chairshot and :banned: :D

Me.... A bad influence.... Never...:chuckle:

Just a quick update. Heres a night time picture.

Please excuse the blury pic (shakie hands and a crap camera :D )

·
Registered
318 Posts
d
drive said:
i had plans of fitting one of them as i have just bought defi boost and oil pressure gauge + controll unit. unfortunatly my pistons have just melted so im having to sell them. never mind ill re buy them again in the future. good to know that you can see the display on a right sunny day... i would':clap: nt have thought it would be that good neither!!!!!
na fu*k it. im gonna withdraw mine of ebay and buy the defi vsd to go with the boost and oil pressure!!!! after seeing all the pics how could you not want them in your car!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i dnt get it, is the bit u read off the reflection of the defi on the glass, or does it project up a visable thing, am i the only one who cant reali see anything apart from the relefction on the glass of the defi?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts