GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Yes of course 20 years of development adds extra safety but one cannot assume they will be protected like an F1 car.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'll upload a nice pic of my first R32 tonight. It crashed at about 30km/h into a small lamp post by a good friend... totally wrecked, cracked roof, chassis totally bend around the post. Unbelievable damage at that small speed and with that small object to hit.

A friend had about the same accident a few months ago in a Subaru GC8 (1998 so 5 years younger) and he hit a much bigger lamp post at 70km/h and only needed a new front bumper, hood and radiator...

So yeah, safety is a serious issue in an R32, hence my million-point rollcage and chassis bracing in the right spots :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll upload a nice pic of my first R32 tonight. It crashed at about 30km/h into a small lamp post by a good friend... totally wrecked, cracked roof, chassis totally bend around the post. Unbelievable damage at that small speed and with that small object to hit.

A friend had about the same accident a few months ago in a Subaru GC8 (1998 so 5 years younger) and he hit a much bigger lamp post at 70km/h and only needed a new front bumper, hood and radiator...

So yeah, safety is a serious issue in an R32, hence my million-point rollcage and chassis bracing in the right spots :)

pic? :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts