GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not a moaner by mature, but rang my HPC yesterday to enquire about delivery dates. Pre ordered the car in Dec 07, last I heard it was due on 14th Dec 09. HPC could not tell me when the car was due, what shipment it was on or when the shipments coming in. Told me to ring back next week. Ive got to get the cash together and sell a car to buy the R35. I dont think its unreasonable to get a steer on the delivery date 3 months prior to suspected delivery. Anyone else having this problem? Finally, I must say that (apart from this thread!) the information on this forum is nothing short of sensational. Everything from power upgrades, insurance, maintenance issues etc expertly diagnosed. Keep up the good work everyone.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The HPC are really in the dark and there is not much they can do, but it is very frustrating. I don't know how people can arrange things efficiently if they do have a car to sell apart from sell it now and get a v cheap run around till the gtr arrives??
I was meant to get my gtr Friday, but it wasn't delivered to the garage yet even though the boat has docked. Car now meant to arrive Monday, but could be later, they don't know!
After 18 months wait, I'l just be happy when it I get the 'final' phonecall from the HPC! It's now meant to be in my hands Wed!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
BigNige - Where are you getting yours from? Glad to hear the boat has arrived, hopefully I will find out from my dealer Monday as to when I can get it!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Nigel's car is from JFE in Exeter - that first UMS Premium should have been mine!

Thanks Nissan!

Sounds like delivery is a week behind schedule.

D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Its no help I know ...... but ive been told after ringing my HPC that it looks like the 18th or possibly the very end of September, ive placed my deposit in March 08 and was told September 09 ....so hopefully it will still make September, I was also told ship delayed due to weather.

Rgds CJ

·
Registered
640 Posts
How did that happen?! It's a UMS Black edition I'm getting if that's any help, you've prob got the first premium edition to be delivered there?
I'll just be glad when I get my car, sounds like the ordering process it still a mess!

·
Registered
82 Posts
My car was supposed to be coming in November so I checked with HPC in the vain hope that it may be due to arrive earlier and was told Jan/Feb. I'm now on the edge of cancelling my order, if I am getting stung for the VAT rise despite having my deposit on from day 1, it would be the final straw for me.

We all know the car is amazing but the buying process has highlighted to me the shortcomings of Nissan compared to other premium brands. I am sorely tempted to go back to a 911 - at least I know I'll get decent service...

·
Registered
794 Posts
My car was supposed to be coming in November so I checked with HPC in the vain hope that it may be due to arrive earlier and was told Jan/Feb.
That can't be right, can it? There must be some mistake. Everybody who ordered Sat-Nav from day 1 was given a delivery date between September and December. Lots of people have had their dates brought forward, but I haven't heard of anybody who has had their date put back by that much. My original date was December, but it was brought forward to October and then September.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My car was supposed to be coming in November so I checked with HPC in the vain hope that it may be due to arrive earlier and was told Jan/Feb. I'm now on the edge of cancelling my order, if I am getting stung for the VAT rise despite having my deposit on from day 1, it would be the final straw for me.

We all know the car is amazing but the buying process has highlighted to me the shortcomings of Nissan compared to other premium brands. I am sorely tempted to go back to a 911 - at least I know I'll get decent service...
Hi. What HPC are you using? Mine was a Dec delivery...brought forward to Sept.....then kicked back to December! I did ask whether all HPC's were treated equally. I've never really got to the bottom of my ever moving date! If mine gets put back again i'll cancel and find one for sale with a few miles on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it looks like my moaning thread did the trick. Wish I had posted it months ago. Got a call yesterday, car originally scheduled to arrive 14th December 09 and its going to be here end of this month. Result. Ordered something called a delivery pack or something, apparently some mats and some petrol and oil for 175 quid and also some parking sensors at the rear for 450 quid-ish. Alls well that ends well. Good luck to all who are getting their cars soon and Ill flash the lights if I go past. You'll know its me as Ill be banging my head up and down like that scene from Waynes World with the stereo on full tilt and the largest grin of any human being ever...

·
Registered
82 Posts
That can't be right, can it? There must be some mistake. Everybody who ordered Sat-Nav from day 1 was given a delivery date between September and December. Lots of people have had their dates brought forward, but I haven't heard of anybody who has had their date put back by that much. My original date was December, but it was brought forward to October and then September.
My original date was Dec, then brought forward to Oct, but then put back to Nov as my car went into fixed build without them checking my order and I needed to change my colour (which I had already flagged to them). So I should be Nov but if it ends up Jan/Feb then I'll look elsewhere. I'm still waiting to hear whether the HPC can sort this out as he recognised that it had been fcked up somewhere.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Misters3, are you trading our 335d in against the GT-R. I would sincerely like to keep mine - it's an awesome car. But its a money thing and I can't decide.

I thought I was going to get my car today - now next Wednesday!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Misters3, are you trading our 335d in against the GT-R. I would sincerely like to keep mine - it's an awesome car. But its a money thing and I can't decide.

I thought I was going to get my car today - now next Wednesday!
Tuesday midday for me.

I'm keeping my 335D - use it as my daily commuter. Only 6miles to work, but lots of speeds bumps, potholes etc. I don't think the GTR would like that sort of journey.....but you never know. My insurance on it runs up in January, so may look to swap it out for something smaller come then. Fiat 500 Arbarth Ferrari looks nice :D

The thing i like about 335D (mine is the E91 Touring in silver) is that it looks plain and not too flashy (see my Fiat 500 comment above ;)). As i run my own business, that's important to me. One of my staff turns up in her husbands CL55 AMG and it gets so much attention. Everybody assumes it's mine :D I take great pleasure in telling them it's somebody who works part time! :D
Also 350bhp and 650-700Nm Torque isn't to be sniffed :D

I guess once i've lived with the GTR a few months i'll know what's what.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts