GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new poster on this forum but have been reading its content with interest for the past few months.

I was never really attracted to a Skyline for some reason, but decided I must have a GTR after seeing it on Top Gear, and having done the Nissan Race Academy, now I am very excited and can't wait.

I ordered my car in April this year and was told March 2010 approx for delivery. Subsequently I have not had a lot of contact from my HPC, but having read about the experience of others, it would appear I am not alone.

I was just wondering what I should expect in terms of what happens next. Some people seem to know when their car is being built and when it is being shipped (even what boat it is on). Some people seem to have had delivery dates brought forward and/or put back. How do I find out this information and roughly how long before my original delivery time should I be demanding info from the HPC?

Like others, I have existing car(s) to sell and need to sort out finance, which is all a bit difficult when I don't really know what timescale I am working towards.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I think 3 months from delivery was the spec fixing date for me.

However, I am not sure that there is such a thing as 'your car' though, until Nissan have allocated you a chassis number, which happens when a car hits the UK.

My non-nav car ended up being early, but many nav car have been late; may be a bit of lottery in there.

Not sure you will hear much from your dealer, besides spending time here is far better:thumbsup:

Good choice of car :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Zed Ed. I guess I will just have to be patient, although I am going to show my face at the HPC in the next couple of weeks just to see if they have any further news.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts