GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ppl,
I've fitted denso irridium plugs with 0.4mm diameter electrode and its developed a missfire between 0.7~1.0 bar of boost.:( I think the boost is blowing the spark out and need to reduce the electrode gap but, by how much though? A mate Ian (cortina v6 on youtube) told me 0.15mm but that seems a little tight???:runaway:
Also not sure what heat range to put in? Its running 2 apexi filters, nismo full system, greddy fmic, Impul eccs and 1.1 bar. Not sure of the HP but would like to find out. I'm having to run it with the boost solonoid unplugged, 0.6bar...
Any idea's on the plug gap?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had the same problem on my car with the Denso Irridium plugs, i ended up giving them back and using NGK plugs instead, which was what it had to start with. The Denso Irridium i had were pre set. I am no expert so wait for others advice on this issue before replacing.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
there are a few threads on here regarding denso pugs the electrode breaking off and damaging the cylinders
just thought i'd let you know if you wasn't aware

i had denso i changed them for ngk ...

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
there are a few threads on here regarding denso pugs the electrode breaking off and damaging the cylinders
just thought i'd let you know if you wasn't aware

i had denso i changed them for ngk ...
i use to use hks iridium's ,terrible things and after about 3 tips braking i got some good advice from ron at rk and changed greddy no:6' s and they never let me down .

i have said about this in the past.

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
i use to use hks iridium's ,terrible things and after about 3 tips braking i got some good advice from ron at rk and changed greddy no:6' s and they never let me down .

i have said about this in the past.
soz my bad , pulled my plugs out today to give them a clean and noticed they was no:8's lol not 6's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts