GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys what is the usual amount of deposit you lot have had to put down on cars from a dealer??
I found this car and viewing it saturday and he wants 10% and he doesnt take credit cards.Just seems alot to me,as i dont trust this dealer,as some of you may know from the other thread i started.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you feel you can't trust them then personally I wouldn't even bother, there's plenty of other GTR's out there for sale

·
Registered
484 Posts
No Way would i give that lot 10% not after the messing you have already had..

I have paid £500 in the past without seeing the car, but that was with main dealers, not some Twit that cant read a odometer.

I would say £250 to hold till Saturday, its friday Tomorrow so no big deal. And i would want it in black and white if you view it and decide its not for you for any reason, you get a full refund on the spot.....

Balls in your court dude you have the money,,, if he dosent like it then tell him to stick it!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Way would i give that lot 10% not after the messing you have already had..

I have paid £500 in the past without seeing the car, but that was with main dealers, not some Twit that cant read a odometer.

I would say £250 to hold till Saturday, its friday Tomorrow so no big deal. And i would want it in black and white if you view it and decide its not for you for any reason, you get a full refund on the spot.....

Balls in your court dude you have the money,,, if he dosent like it then tell him to stick it!!
hes said he hold it till saturday under gentlements agreement.but if i like it he wants 10%.under the deal he is dolwn to do traker subs and tax.What i dont like he says on his web page
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, SO BE 100% CERTAIN BEFORE YOU MOVE FORWARD ON YOUR NEW PURCHASE.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have just had a look at the car and there website. i didnt realise it was a 60k motor, personaly mate i wouldnt be comfortble dealing with that outfit.

Only Mobile numbers
Dont take Credit Cards??
Looks a right dump to be honest
Most other cars look baragin basement stock

I would not trust them with a 5-6k deposit

If your spending 60k on a car you dont need to deal with places like that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have just had a look at the car and there website. i didnt realise it was a 60k motor, personaly mate i wouldnt be comfortble dealing with that outfit.

Only Mobile numbers
Dont take Credit Cards??
Looks a right dump to be honest
Most other cars look baragin basement stock

I would not trust them with a 5-6k deposit

If your spending 60k on a car you dont need to deal with places like that.
seconded... trust your gut

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Have you seen the one in the for sale section?

·
Registered
875 Posts
OK I did a little digging on this as the whole Mileage thing irked me a little.

I looked the company up on Company Check | Free Companies House search and download they are a fairly new company, they incorporated on 31-05-2013.

I also found another company by the name of Phoenix Autoz Ltd (note the Autoz) at the same address that was incorporated 30/11/2012 and dissolved/liquidated (with 0 accounts filed) on 29-06-2013 a month after Premier Autoz was incorporated.

I then found this review for Premier Autoz on yell.com

ok so they claim no affiliation between the 2 companies, seems unlikely due to the spelling of Autoz.

I checked the directors of both companies and this is what I found.

Same director at both companies.

Ok so we can assume that both companies are basically the same.

If you look around for reviews of Phoenix Autos this is what you find.

Reviews for Premier Autoz.

I think your gut told you something was up with this and now you can see why.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Having worked in the car sales trade I wouldn't even consider spending that sort of money given the valid points raised above.
I don't know where you are based but Exeter JFE (Devon) have a lovely 2013/62 plate white 2012 model with 10k for £60999 and am sure they would do you a great deal plus you are getting the service and security of a professional main dealer.

I know Steve has left JFE but they always seems to be fairly good.

Used GT-R 3.8 V6 in Exeter - Nissan Used Cars UK

If not there are others at other HPC main dealers and may even have service pack etc.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK I did a little digging on this as the whole Mileage thing irked me a little.

I looked the company up on Company Check | Free Companies House search and download they are a fairly new company, they incorporated on 31-05-2013.

I also found another company by the name of Phoenix Autoz Ltd (note the Autoz) at the same address that was incorporated 30/11/2012 and dissolved/liquidated (with 0 accounts filed) on 29-06-2013 a month after Premier Autoz was incorporated.

I then found this review for Premier Autoz on yell.com

ok so they claim no affiliation between the 2 companies, seems unlikely due to the spelling of Autoz.

I checked the directors of both companies and this is what I found.

Same director at both companies.

Ok so we can assume that both companies are basically the same.

If you look around for reviews of Phoenix Autos this is what you find.

Reviews for Premier Autoz.

I think your gut told you something was up with this and now you can see why.
Thankyou very much again Matt.Im going to give this one the elbow

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Having worked in the car sales trade I wouldn't even consider spending that sort of money given the valid points raised above.
I don't know where you are based but Exeter JFE (Devon) have a lovely 2013/62 plate white 2012 model with 10k for £60999 and am sure they would do you a great deal plus you are getting the service and security of a professional main dealer.

I know Steve has left JFE but they always seems to be fairly good.

Used GT-R 3.8 V6 in Exeter - Nissan Used Cars UK

If not there are others at other HPC main dealers and may even have service pack etc.
Had seen that one,but a few grand over my budget.I have contacted them now,asking about if they would consider taking offers.
Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This must be a lesson for everyone who wants to buy a car, do your research properly!!!!

Bobby

1 - 20 of 25 Posts