GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Vendor
12,732 Posts
We can collect and inspect your new purchase. If any remedial work is required we can do that also inc rust prevention. After that we can also deliver the car to your port.

Reactions: Shonny

·
Registered
113 Posts
HI Shonny, I think you have put a deposit on a car I was looking at, hope all goes well. I am based in Oban so seeing cars is a bit of a trek. Do you get the ferry from Oban or further North?
If the car comes through Oban and you are in the ferry queue would be keen to pop down and see it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
👍 catch you soon Bush. I am on Lewis so will take the Ullapool route as it's easier but could get the oban-castlebay ferry and do a bit of island hopping north through Uist to Harris and carry on to Lewis. Would be a cracking road trip one fine day though. Hopefully the car is a good one, certainly seems ok. The guys at the garage seem very helpful. The owner (I think) has a track R32GTR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I bought a 2009 black edition R35 with 97000 miles on clock and FSH, 6 months ago. It is virtually standard except for exhaust y pipe replacement, bell housing upgrade and gear selector solenoid clips. Above are probably mileage related. Although car has been garaged overnight some corrosion had occurred (some mentioned in posts above).
Transmission oil pan
Undertray support bracket
Seized camber adjustment bolts
Rust bubbling bottom of drivers door mirror Expensive Front lower wishbones have been replaced (Ball joints u/s) and brake discs (cracking around drilled holes) have been replaced recently. Again probably due to high mileage.
One other annoying thing to look out for on early models is faulty/flashing LED back lighting of instruments and dud segments of gear indicator- not so bad in daylight.
I took to Litchfield for its 10000 mile service, they reported overall being in better condition than many younger they had seen so not all bad!
So far including car and above issues, about £30K spent but hopefully many more trouble free miles.
Enjoy driving.
Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks, that's useful to know. Really interesting to hear how they behave. This car has had new brakes and a service for selling so that's peace of mind for a while. I don't know if the bell housing repair has been done on it though. Hopefully next week I'll have it in my ownership

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Window

Hey, yes sorry this is me getting round to posting this! These are the best pics on my phone at the moment. I'm chuffed to bits with it I have to say ☺. Calder motor company were great to deal with too and the car is exactly as they said. It seems a genuine 38k mile car that's not been abused and oh man is it fun to drive. It was a pleasure driving it the 200odd miles back up to the ferry at Ullapool.

I plugged in the Ecutek tool (when I got back home being honest, as it didn't arrive in time but I had a good feeling in my bones about the car 🤞!) and it says 0 launches, oil temp seems to have never been above normal and no faults recorded. I'll post up the screenshots from my phone out of interest.

The front door speakers are knackered and there was slight condensation in headlights but seems to have gone with use. It'll be getting kept inside so hoping it won't turn into a problem. They fitted new discs/pads, rear tyres and drop links at the back when they serviced it. Up until Calder Motors it's been nissan services, 14 of them (I saw Middlehurst in there). I'll be sure to post on here for any advice and updates/ problems etc ☺.

It's a relief to finally get one and with it being down south all it's life, the subframes etc are really good, unlike others I saw with hardly any black paint left on them.

My dad came down with me but wouldn't take a shot on the mainland! When we were home, he took a drive and I got him to slow to walking pace on a long straight piece of road, then nail it..........I haven't heard him laugh so much in years 😀. It's been a success so far anyway 👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Brilliant! They were importing cars from Japan in early to mid 00's they said. That's round when I got my Pulsar from Dicksons of Dunblane, then the R32 gtr afterwards, privately from Surrey. The owner still has a track R32GTR that he had up on a ramp in the garage.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Used to locum in Stornaway hospital and was the GP on Isle of Coll for a year , have holidayed at Scarista and Eorpie, so know it a bit, ended up in Oban though as family in Glasgow.

I was waiting for this cars advert to come up, but you must have sneaked a deposit in before that.😁

Funnily enough the speakers in my old skyline were a bit off, wouldn’t worry about the condensation though, my vxr8 had that for the last 10 years, it comes and goes.

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Sounds like you know Lewis and Harris well! I'm not far from the hospital. Yes I hesitated on other cars but took the leap and put a deposit down before seeing it in the flesh. It was about 3 weeks after before I went for it so was getting a bit nervous.

The weather has been mild so I've been using it every day just now and loving it. I really like the way the gearbox works, even though it's not the smoothest when doing slow maneuvres. I've read it can be updated with newer software but I don't know exactly what the difference is and will need to do some research on here if I ever decide to get it done. I think I'll leave well alone for now 🙂

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Excellent, what year? All good? My own has been parked up in the garage for a couple of weeks now and probably will be for a while yet! I don't know if it's my imagination when it's idling now and again with a slight bell housing noise but I'll try and see if there's any play in the flange when I've got it on ramp next. Still can't believe I've got one sitting there though 😀, roll on better weather.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts