GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just to keep the east midlands busy after the Nottingham meet, we are having a pub meet on Thursday 11th July from 7.00pm (sorry Jim!).
We have moved this time to the John Thompson Inn at Ingleby. It is 5 minutes from the A50 Swarkestone turn off (see map). The pub has a fairly big, quiet car-park and the pub brews it's own beer. Meeting is open to anyone with a performance car (special dispensation given to mondeos:D )
Dave

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sod u then Tony, dont come to a meet on my BIRTHDAY then.....

Being as its my BIRTHDAY that day, I am looking forward to it, missis wants to know if they do food dave, with it being my BIRTHDAY that day, is it a nice pub, with it being my BIRTHDAY I wouldnt want to go to a dump, not nice to go somewhere horrible on your BIRTHDAY...

Si;)

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually last time I went there it was bit posh. Just up your street then:D . I will find out about the food.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Happy birthday for then Si, see you on the next THURSDAY!

Sod it, I'm throwing my toys out of the pram and going into forced recluse.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't think I missed that comment Tony. Don't forget that I have suffer Nottingham on Friday. Touche.
Andy will think about a new day for meet next time Jim:)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hope you all realise that I WANT PRESENTS....THURSDAY 11th JULY.. Now worries Jim, you can give us a pressy on ffriday if u like.... ;)

Si

·
Registered
239 Posts
Important news...just out...

Did you all realise that it's my husbands birthday next Thursday?;)

He's so quiet and shy that I know he'd never tell you, so I thought I'd mention it in passing:rolleyes:

S'pose I'd best get me purse out then eh?:eek:

Caroline:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wot no EVO??

Hey Dave, what's with the special Mondeo favours :confused:

Does this offer also extend out to Focus owners :rolleyes:

Or maybe I'll just book a taxi :smokin:

Mind you, did someone mention presents required :eek: I'm sure Elvira will provide for us all, she always seems very accommodating :D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Davido

Maps a bit small, where abouts off the M1 is it?

Its obviously past South Mimms services on the M25 but just how far?

Wouldnt mind a trip up, is it worth it Dave?

Could stay over for a few beers and a laff........

Northerners are as good as any!

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dirk

I know grasshopper and boxhill are fair trek for us lot on a saturday but Derby for an evening....are you mad? M1 J23a, A50 to Derby and at swarkestone/chellaston island my map starts. You are welcome but you are mad. Are you trying to get a lot of mileage in quick?
Dave
p.s. for your eyes only. What do you think is on the bottle top on the bbq picture? It is not a lump of resin by the way but looks like it. Clue is rabbit:D
I will treat you to some bbq food at JAE, just book the following week off work to recover:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Excuse moi!!!!!

Ahem!!!

Do we know eachother Mr Bream????:eek:

Reveal you identity sir, so I know our relationship:eek:

Caroline

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Bream...

The Mondeo crack was aimed at me... Dont worry the meet is open to ANYONE with a Performance car... And My Mondeo... :(

Cheers Davey!!! :p

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bream

This is supposed to be Bream's (Jeff) meeting. Trouble is his evo TME is going to take months to get on the road:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bream who??

Yeh, cheers Dave, DOH

Sorry Si n missis Caroline, I didn't mean to be too forward n all that ;)

As Dave said, I kind of arranged the first Bubble meet (with Daves help) as susequently have turned up in a focus :eek: as my EVO TME is still in bits. Anyway, if you still can't put a face to the name I'll be there next Thurs and guess what I'll be driving, yes the fcuking focus :rolleyes:

ZXSpec, no worries matey, don't tell me you don't recognice me either, I'm startin to get a complex! does trying to find a 3310 for my missis ring any bells??

Cheers, Jeff

1 - 20 of 68 Posts