GTR Forum banner

What is it about the GTR that you enjoy the most?

• When I floor it !! Peddle to the metal, there's nothing like it.

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • When I go round corners, the grip is astonishing. No other car handles better

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • The fact that the GTR is the fastest thing out there and puts other supercars to shame :)

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • The sheer size of the GTR..... it's huuuuuge.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Godzilla is scary, and it has a lot of road presence. I like being noticed.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • When I visit the dealer... and they ask £4K for a set of tyres.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • The things that I do to it, the modifications and making it even faster !!

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it about the GTR that you love the most?

The thing that puts a smile on your face each and every time and provides you with utmost driving pleasure or makes you feel proud of owning a GTR.

Perhaps it could be a short moment, such as when it's being admired by others ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had to vote for the acceleration - the cars seems to take a huge gasp when you floor it and then suck the horizon in. Quite astonishing the way it just pulls and pulls.

As for going round corners - it does admirably well for the big old lump it is. However, I have never been in a car that corners as well as an Evo. The only area where the GTR can't compare with my old Evo IMO, but then it is a different type of car all together.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
At the moment, corners do it for me. It is very easy to tell even well within legal speed limits how dynamic and well balanced the GTR is!

Need to go to a track one day to find out more!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
My most pleasurable moment was having a Porsche try it on and then watching them rapidly disappear in the rear view mirror.
I did let them get a car length on me before I buried them though, just to make the driver feel better.

Is that option 1 or 3 ? :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I did let them get a car length on me before I buried them though, just to make the driver feel better.
Well you've got to give them a sporting chance don't you :chuckle:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Last car up the crowded le mans parade route before the roads closed last year
Ring lap with Mr Suzuki
GTR lovin

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Basicaly its fast as **** but i want ti make it even faster!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
January 2009, Tokyo Auto Salon. Sunday evening. Pulled out of Makuhari Messe for the 800 km drive home. Waiting at the first set of lights, with lots of traffic. A very loud car pulled up in the lane alongside and I glanced over to see the golden Top Secret V12 Supra beside me. The driver and passenger were both staring at my red R35!!! :smokin:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The fear in people's eye's!

Especially when the opposition has a passenger and he says to the driver "Go on show him what your car can do!" and the driver knows far well that he stands no chance and has to quickly come up with a great excuse or be totally humiliated. :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Flying past porkers on track and annihilating everything I've come up against on road.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
What is it about the GTR that you enjoy the most?

None of the options fit , but as they say , a picture paints a thousand words....

:smokin:

·
Registered
986 Posts
For me the best thing is the very fact that I can own one, no other manufacturer has the ethos to produce a Supercar for the people, I will never own the latest Ferrari, lambo or Porsche as i simply could'nt afford one but Nissan gave me the chance to experience the pinnacle of performance at a price that a normal Joe can almost afford and for that I'm forever grateful and that's what makes me happy!

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Hunting a 997 GT2 (my last car before the GTR) down at the Ring on the last lap of a great trip and getting past him just past the Karosell

Alive with adrenaline and at one with my car and surroundings!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think the one single thing is the huge shove in the back when accelerating, I never get bored of it, it's addictive :)

And I'd be a liar if I said I didn't like it when you see people behind in your mirror whilst sat at the lights pointing at the car obviously explaining to their lesser informed passenger that the car in front is a Nissan GT-R :)

I just love it, bloody love it!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Gotta be trying to guess whether your passenger will be a giggler, screamer or swearer when you put your foot down. My gf swore like a trooper the first time, best mate giggled like a 7 year-old girl - hilarious.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Being a child and booting it off a wet roundabout this on the way home this evening! Sideways until the traction control kicked in. Childishly addictive and reasonably sideways (ish) :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts