GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a detail done with a wheel colour change, from OEM gun metal to light anthracite. What do you think? I know dark colour wheels are all the rage now but I think the new colour suits my car colour better. Thanks to Minutia detailing and Premiere wheels.

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Thumbs up from me!

I have had lighter coloured wheels on mine for several years!

Personally I find dark coloured wheels, especially black, are completely "meh" and devoid of interest as you lose the benefit of the curves and shadows - BUT - each to their own!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Not a lover.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Yeah not sure about that, I do like a lighter wheel, but I think that is perhaps a shade too silver?

props for doing something different though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thumbs up from me!

I have had lighter coloured wheels on mine for several years!

Personally I find dark coloured wheels, especially black, are completely "meh" and devoid of interest as you lose the benefit of the curves and shadows - BUT - each to their own!

View attachment 262739
Thanks,, I agree that really dark wheels just look like a void and you lose the detail. Nice colour alloys there, much better than the OEM gun metal which was too dark in my opinion.

Yeah not sure about that, I do like a lighter wheel, but I think that is perhaps a shade too silver?

props for doing something different though
The idea was to match the silver colour of the car so it looks like a silver bullet. Reminds me of a colour some OZ alloys come in. I really love it now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like it! I think it matches your colour car very well. Dont think it would work on other colours, but looks smart against the silver paintwork.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the colour....but it looks like there’s no tyres in certain lights?! 🙈
Thanks I think thats just trick of the light on the photos.

I like it! I think it matches your colour car very well. Dont think it would work on other colours, but looks smart against the silver paintwork.
Thanks I think it matches the car much better too but I know silver is not for everyone.

I prefer the colour before. The silver looks a bit too 'aftermarket' to me for some reason. But fair play for trying something different (y)
That's interesting as to me the dark OEM wheels look aftermarket and the colour now should have been the factory look.

I think it looks good. The entire car looks newer/more exotic somehow. Nice mod!
Thanks that was my goal, I prefer the look now so much more. I was driving the car yesterday and a guy in the other lane said 'amazing spec, love the silver wheels' which was pleaseantly surprising!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts