GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my much awaited R35 is finally ready to collect in March.

I have previously had so many new cars with built-in swirl marks in the paint from pre-delivery prep, that I have decided this one will be different. I want to take delivery of it and keep it in pristine condition.

Middlehurst say if I can find a Detailer who will travel there to detail the car before delivery, it is fine by them.

Can anyone recommend a really good Detailer in the Middlehurst area?

And for later can anyone recommend a really good detailer in the East Yorkshire area?

Thanks.

Adrian.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same here - pick car up from Middlehurst in March, detail would be good as would some armourfend type protection as I aim to drive up to Edinburgh then back down to London after collection!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My R35 in Black came from Middlehurst. Prepared by their team. Pretty good.
How good?

I trust Middlehurst completely which is why I chose them, but experience tells me that any general pre-delivery prep is going to have some impact on the finish, and I wouldn't expect the HPC to go to detailing lengths, and neither would Nissan presumably.

If I could get it detailed in to pristine condition when I get the car back home, that would be good enough.

So any experiences?

Detailers in the East Yorkshire area?

Thanks for PM Sin - will reply soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I'll go with some paint protection film before collecting, then use the car until first optimisation service and then get it detailed..

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I might see your cars as I am at Middlehurst prepping 2 cars in march.

Robbie

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might see your cars as I am at Middlehurst prepping 2 cars in march.

Robbie
Are you in the detailing business?

If so send me a PM. If you are doing two in March you could make it three - or four if Beaver is interested.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,710 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi there

Picked up mine last July. I asked Middlehurst not to wash it, and I picked it up with all the interior polythene in place as well. I took it to Car Detailing | Scratch Removal | Prestige Car Detailing Off Your Marks
which are about 10 miles form Middlehursts.

I asked Matt to do a full detail and he had another contact come in and fit the protective film across the whole of the front. From memory the detail was 400 inc vat, and the film was 800 inc vat. I think Middlehursts wanted 1100 plus vat for the film alone.

Very happy with the results, 6 months on and the water still beeds off nicely when I wash it

Hope this helps

Guy

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I run and own Valet Magic & Detailing - Home and am now a forum sponsor. :wavey:

Robbie
Nice work.

Send me a PM and let me know if you can prep my new R35 in March and the cost.

I am looking for a finish that I can run my Karcher over without the use of any contact cloths etc. And of course a top-up detail when required.

I have heard of some stuff called "snow foam" which includes as an attachment to the Karcher - just cover, leave and blast off - that is what I am looking for to leave the original detailed finish.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Nice work.

Send me a PM and let me know if you can prep my new R35 in March and the cost.

I am looking for a finish that I can run my Karcher over without the use of any contact cloths etc. And of course a top-up detail when required.

I have heard of some stuff called "snow foam" which includes as an attachment to the Karcher - just cover, leave and blast off - that is what I am looking for to leave the original detailed finish.
No problem Ill send over a PM now.

Robbie

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
149 Posts
Look excellent.

Where are Elite based? Their site does not make it clear.

Maybe they can do something with my workhorse Land Cruiser VX as well to make it worthwhile.
Birmingham but he travels and is in Kent today doing my GTR. He is a genuis that 964 T was 15 yrs old and he made it like new

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just got off the phone with Gurcharn.

Very impressed indeed - made the decision easy - and he will travel to Middlehurst.

Thanks for all those who responded
Pleasure
Will post mine before and after when done . You will not be disappointed the guy has worked for the leading co's and decided to got it alone . He does some really Fab work .

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pleasure
Will post mine before and after when done . You will not be disappointed the guy has worked for the leading co's and decided to got it alone . He does some really Fab work .
I can see that, but it was his passion for his art that really impressed me as well as his knowledge. This is much more to him than just a business.

Anyone with that amount of passion is the person I want detailing my car and keeping it pristine which is the way I treat my own cars.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Second vote for Home - Elite Car Detailing and Protection - The Leading Car Detailing and Paint Correction Company

I had my white GT-R delivered without preparation from Nissan.
I was one of the first for the dealership, so I wasn't taking any chances :)
After delivery, I just gave it a wash to clean of any tranportation residue.
TBH it was pretty clean.

I decided to have it detailed to give it a once over right from the start.
I thought that it would be pretty difficult to make a huge difference on a white vehicle. But in the end I was amazed with the difference.
Think the pics speak for themselves :bowdown1:

Portfolio - Nissan GT R Pearl White - The Leading Car Detailing and Paint Correction Company

I definitely would not hesitate to recommend :thumbsup:
In fact, I think it might be time to get him back again.. I've picked up quite a bit of exhaust film on the back :mad:

Once it's done, you'll never regret it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts