GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UK GT-R now with modified OEM turbo's CNC machined in UK for 700hp +

Machined in the UK, OEM turbine and compressor housings GT-R ball bearings turbocharger upgrade

*BALL BEARING IHI CENTRE CORES WITH MACHINED OEM HOUSING (FACTORY LIKE FITMENT, USING ALL STOCK FEEDS /WATER AND OIL LINES. BOLTS UP TO STOCK PIPING AND INTAKE FOR EASY INSTALL)

*LARGER COMPRESSORS

Wheel sizes.....Original Comp in 43.4mm ex 56mm Turb in 53mm ex 40mm
Hybrid Comp in 46.5mm ex 60mm Turb in 53mm ex 47.8mm
So you can see the hybrid comp is 4mm bigger and turbine is 7mm bigger. (Also notice some US quote comp wheel std 42mm, USDM/JDM possibly smaller)

*LARGER TURBINES , EXHAUST WHEELS TO REDUCE BACK PRESSURE..

The ultimate power upgrade for any GT-R, these brand new turbos feature fully dynamic precision ball-bearing core assemblies to dramatically reduce spool-up time and give maximum airflow.
The fully machined and flow ported turbine housing and manifold assembly reduces exhaust back pressure and maximise gas flow, whilst retaining the original mounting points making the turbo a direct swap for the standard unit.
The modified compressor housing is mated with a larger, high-flow compressor wheel which is specifically developed to give maximum bhp and torque with minimum lag.
The uprated actuators feature an increased spring preload and durable, heavy duty mounting brackets.

We believe these units will support 750bhp + (depending on boost and fuel RON) with very little lag. Pretty cost effective method. Full dyno and drag testing will follow

We are now awaiting finishing development of GTC intake system and also updates to the accesstuner pro mapping software (injector scaling, air/fuel tables etc..) although U.S tuners are currently doing turbo upgrades we feel the full control is just not there quite yet but thistle has been busy with ecu dissasembly & code :) & upcoming TCM remapping (coming spring onwards)

Lots happening and alot of testing to undergo. We won't be releasing these power packs until at least spring (in combo with the tcm work)

In the works: GTC Tranmission cooler, engine oil pan & cooler, GR6 gearbox parts inc uprated clutch packs, hard piping kit, inconel down pipes, radiator, suspension, carbon aero + more

Needless to say the current European R35 drag league is going to be blown to pieces this year by a number of 35's :p Hell we are aiming to get totally stock 35's to dip into the 10's with just a remap !

more updates soon :flame:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
As ever Ben, some tasty morsels for us mere mortals...

Will you be stocking any hardened gear sets/clips etc for the tranny?

·
Registered
300 Posts
How is the trans cooling system going ?

·
Registered
866 Posts
All looks great :) but one question. I notice the Amercian guys are doing injectors/fuel pump/cobb and getting some big numbers, will you guys be trying this before upgrading the turbos?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
It's my understanding that once you go bigger on the turbos, you risk running very lean so you have to upgrade the injectors as stock get maxed out.

Then because the stock fuel pump can't handle the extra fuel flow needed, you have to upgrade them too.

Goes without sayng that the Cobb ap is best suited to getting the ecu right in these cases.

I'd be concerned about running very rich and maxing out the stock turbos so it seems sensible to go the whole hog whilst you've got the engine out for changing the injectors.

I'm sure ben will add something here (or correct my mistakes!)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All looks great :) but one question. I notice the Amercian guys are doing injectors/fuel pump/cobb and getting some big numbers, will you guys be trying this before upgrading the turbos?
Yes we will be testing a number of set ups. But like i said the current control for injector control its not quite there. There is alot of hype & greed on the other forum, Thistle and our approach is very different, do it right or not at all, first & foremost we are GT-R owners & fans. We don't like dyno queen figures, we don't like to sell parts when the whole package isn't ready i.e messy fuel control, gear shift issues due to too much torque.
We believe there is not much point upgrading injectors and actuators alone, oem turbo soon runs out of puff.

Whereas some tuners were happy to map cars blind without knock datalog and boost control, we were not and refused touching any gtr's until Thistle rewrote the boost control tables and got knock datalog running.

That faith has now been returned to us, with a good argument that we've custom tuned more 35's around the world than anyone else.

zeyd- yup going well. simple but effective idea will be the best value on the market none of this 3k gtr tax stuff.

CC- yup on the case

·
Registered
519 Posts
Love it Ben...decal is very cool, you should only allow them on proven cars thought.
Like the RH9 stickers.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love it Ben...decal is very cool, you should only allow them on proven cars thought.
Like the RH9 stickers.
yup Ross, its a little touge in cheek at moment :p

no worries about proving / putting money where mouth is. as you used to say, drag strips don't lie dyno's do :flame:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Parts

Ben.. This all looks great! Bang goes the ny budget! Make sure hou keep me posted please. Great to see such awesome stuff coming through. BTW my ramps have arrived, having a go at the Y-pipe and silent system tomorrow, weather depending.
All the best mate.

Scott

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Am i ever going to get this power monkey off my back:runaway::runaway::runaway:

Might need 18" wheels and uprated tranny before these goodies strip my cogs on the strip:chuckle::chuckle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts