GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just washed my Black beast with a de-ionizer connected to the pressure washer.

Truely amazing, no need to shammy, it dries crystal clear.

Our water is hard, 250ppm TDS, with the DI cylinder attached 0ppm.

On a black car it makes a huge difference.:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Great post, no information just great results :chairshot

I've got a magic polishing fairy that does mine during the night :clap::clap: can't tell you where I got her from though.

Come on mate, you can't do this and then bugger off!.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a 11 litre cylinder with resin from Water fed pole System to reach and wash high window, Waterfed Pole and Window Cleaning equipment UK

Any window cleaning supplier will have these.

Get a TDS meter so you can check the hardness.

You can use normal hard water for cleaning and just rinse with DI.

Its good for the windows on your house too!

I don't know how long it will be before the resin needs changing or how well it will cope with really hard water.

A reverse osmossis system is best, but these produce a trickle of water that you have to store in a tank...

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
How do you find it at eliminating 'water marks' after washing?

cheers

neil
Not bad. I do always use a microfibre cloth after, followed by Optiseal for a glossy bling shine though.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Have to say i love DI water if the water is bad! I've been using the Aqua Gleam filters for a little while now, not the cheapest, but there running some promos at the moment with discount codes.

I just use it to rinse off the car after all the other steps ;), you can also with or with out DI water, spray the panels with quick detialer as you dry them off and this will also really help stop water marks, plus it also helps lube the drying towel.

If you really want to get the water off quick too, get hold of an uber drying towel (Alex will sort you out with them :thumbsup: ) these things are like black magic, the water disappears and the towel is still almost dry.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Have to say i love DI water if the water is bad! I've been using the Aqua Gleam filters for a little while now, not the cheapest, but there running some promos at the moment with discount codes.

I just use it to rinse off the car after all the other steps ;), you can also with or with out DI water, spray the panels with quick detialer as you dry them off and this will also really help stop water marks, plus it also helps lube the drying towel.

If you really want to get the water off quick too, get hold of an uber drying towel (Alex will sort you out with them :thumbsup: ) these things are like black magic, the water disappears and the towel is still almost dry.
What are the codes then bud and who is Alex for the magic towel?.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tried the autogleam 00ppm filter today to rinse my black black after washing.

Mighty impressive for eliminating water marks/streaking.

Using just once has me convinced these things are brilliant.

Can recommend if you can spare the 40/50 quid.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Mine was delivered today I got the 11ltr one so I can do both the GTR and my wifes black X5.

Kp

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is this stuff only necessary in hard water areas?
My water is the lovely soft stuff and I'm currently washing the UMS GTR with a lambswool mit and the simple two bucket method. Gets the cat clean ok, but it's bot exactly a full detailling job.

Would this DI thingummy fitted to my karcher make a difference?

·
Registered
634 Posts
It will have more impact in a hard water area but it should still improve the finish in your area - My wifes X5 has never looked so good and I have detailed it twice.

I would not pressure was with it as it is only the final rinse that requires the DI water as that is laod of water you use before drying the car. It is better as you dont even need to wipe the wheels down. I use a £40 leaf blower as part of my routine as it is amazing when it comes to drying the wheels, blowing the water out around the lights and trim - Plus in the winter you can blow the whole car dry without freezing to death and spend the time you saved giving it an extra spritz with a quick detailer or final finish.

Kp

1 - 19 of 19 Posts