GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Wish this wasn't my first post but I'm hoping I could get some help. Hoping to get some answers before I take it to Nissan for an inspection and telling me I have to make a billion $ worth of replacements for something that might get fixed easily, just because they don't fix parts and just switch them out.

Was driving the my R35(2014) the other day, was doing some soft-ish take offs without Launch Control or Pre Engine Rev. Did about 4 and noticed that the rear was pulling right all the time. Then Clutch overheat warning came up, let it cool down for about 15 minutes. I wasn't pushing the car very hard, gradual depression of the throttle, then pushing it a tad harder(around middle way through, never bottomed it out.) After the warning went away, I did another pull and the car, again drifted rear-right. AWD Malfunction code C1204 came up and stayed up, rear left wheel area started clicking(increasing in frequency and decreasing as I sped up or slowed down) & a whine appeared in the rear of the vehicle. After 2 days of searching for some answers and a mechanic friend checking the error code, C1204 is a malfunctioning Solenoid on the AWD system.

The car feels like drives normally, though I haven't driven it past 30mph. There are no extra clinks, clangs or rattles when I drive over any kind of bump. It still feels solid, except for the clicking and the whine.

On the other hand, I am now one of the few proud owners of a FWD Nissan GT-R, so there's that.

Anyway, hoping to shed some light on the situation,
Cheers!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Vladone1

C1204 has two descriptions of the error in my notes.

EcuTek advises - Malfunction related to AWD solenoid has been detected.

Nissan advises - Controls electric controlled coupling by command current from AWD control unit.

I suggest you do a clutch relearn to fix the clutch overheating issue, this will require and EcuTek cable - John Morgan (Dudersvr) on here is the cheapest in the UK to supply.

I would also check that you have the same diameter of tyre on the front and rear. If they are not the same, they will rotate at different speeds and heat up the AWD system and possibly break it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Forum Vladone1

C1204 has two descriptions of the error in my notes.

EcuTek advises - Malfunction related to AWD solenoid has been detected.

Nissan advises - Controls electric controlled coupling by command current from AWD control unit.

I suggest you do a clutch relearn to fix the clutch overheating issue, this will require and EcuTek cable - John Morgan (Dudersvr) on here is the cheapest in the UK to supply.

I would also check that you have the same diameter of tyre on the front and rear. If they are not the same, they will rotate at different speeds and heat up the AWD system and possibly break it.
Thanks for the info, the tires are the same diameter, only their width is different(295 rear, 285 front).

I will do the EcuTek relearn for the clutch heating up. That's great advice, thanks.

The whine, clicking and C1204 are different issues then, I'm guessing.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Check for loose hub nuts, the big one on the end of the drive shaft. They are prone to coming loose.

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
There’s no need to take it to Nissan for anything gearbox related, they can only swap oil and do a clutch relearn, which you can do at home yourself.

If you state where your located members will point you in the right direction👍 Romania?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There’s no need to take it to Nissan for anything gearbox related, they can only swap oil and do a clutch relearn, which you can do at home yourself.

If you state where your located members will point you in the right direction👍
Thanks for the advice Skint. Thought they would be more useful.
I live in Bucharest, Romania. 😣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts