GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had my MFD2 installed for sometime now and since it's been installed the lap timer button by the gearstick has never worked.

I've checked all of the obvious stuff and DCD's tried to help by converting a little bit of the manual for me, but I'm left with 2 possibles here.

1. The button itself is had it (not very likely)
or
2. The single wire that comes from the button is in the wrong place. (more likely)

The picture in the manual that comes with it shows it going into the connector nearest the driver. DCD says the manual says the one next to the RS232 connector that goes to the laptop. The one nearest the RS232 is full already, where as the one nearest the driver has the slot they show in the manual empty.

I've tried the wire in all the possible places in the right most connector nearest the driver and it doesn't work. So what I suppose I'm asking is, if there is anyone out there who has installed one of these, can you tell me if I have to remove and exisiting wire and put the button in it's place or does it go in the connector nearest the driver and I think ????

If it does then I'm stuffed because I've tried it there and no go.............

PS My car is Right hand drive............

Cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I hope I can help

Hi,

Would you please tell me what you'd like to do?
Do you mean the lap timer switch does not work?
I'll appreciate if you can send me email in easy English or in Japanese.:p

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Shin,

I just need to know if the wire that comes from the lapcounting button, goes into the connector nearest the passenger or the connector nearest the driver.

The one nearest the driver has empty spaces but none seem to make it go.

The one nearest the passenger is full already, but maybe I have to remove one wire to put the one from the laptimer button in it's place.

Is that straight forward enough ????

I suppose a simpler way of asking is where do I put the wire from the lap timer button ???????

Picture maybe ???

Fraser

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
canman....this is turning out to be a mind boggling problem isn't it?!!?!?
I was thinking....is there a possibility that after the S/W cable has been inserted in the correct place the MFD has to go through a diagnostic test again? I'm just thinking out loud here.....Shin.....do you remember how to do it??

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of that too and did run through the test again.

Not sure if you're meant to hold the button down at a certain pooint or something like that.................but I have re run the normal setup with no effect.

I'd just like to get it done before my upcoming track day as it'll be a good opportunity to use it, I'm also going to log the results on my lappy too.

Cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK then I appear to have an issue then..........I've tried all the places on the connector on the drivers side and no go.

Does it go top or bottom ?????

The way I saw it, you were meant to put it in the bottom in the middle of the connector, cant remember if it's the right or left side near the middle, but tried both............don't think I tried the top so I hope you say it's meant to go in the top !!

If not any other suggestions ???????

I don't need to reconfigure as DCD and I thought do I ??????

Cheers for the help Shin

Fraser
PS I'm going to drop you an e-mail regarding the purchase of the intercooler waterspray.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, that's where I've got it, I've tried the left and the right as I wasn't sure what orientation that picture was. I assumed it was the view from the back of the MFD into the connector, but when it didn't work I tried the other hole...........none of them go.

Is there anything else you have to do to let the MFD know you've got it attached ???? Any way to test it ??????

I already had to send my first MFD back to JP for replacement as it ran for 45 minutes and then died............took 3 months and a few $'s in postage to get it back and then it all worked bar this button so I figured I'd look into it later.

Could it be a problem with the MFD ???

Thanks for the help Shin

Fraser

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I think,

Hi,

The MFD's lap timer bottun is not complecated, so I think it will work if you put the wire into connector properly.
The figure is not from the backside and it is the figure from the front of the connector.
Anyway, as you can see, there is only one free hole and rest of holes are all connected.
You might insert incorrectly such as upside down.

Yours,
Shin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts