GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my GTR 6 months ago,
and it is by far the best car on the planet .... ever.

However to be fair to most (including me) it's a lot of money (value for money being a completely different title and it is just that - value for money)

When I suggested to the misses I wanted to get a GTR and I had to throw out the figure of cost. She must love me cos she just raised her eybrows and said "oh go on then"

But there was a condition!!!

I had to promise to keep it for at least two years, cos I dont usually keep a car for more than a year!!

On this occassion I was happy to oblige. :bowdown1:

Anyone else out there who had to "do something" to get the car??

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not really,i just had to persuade her to have one as she wanted a Range Rover Revere.After that,she did say it had to be white,which i had no problems with.
Have to agree its by far the best car ive ever had and lightly to have.

Done its first launch last night and the misses loved it,she didnt stop screaming till i hit 3rd gear lol.I said you couldnt do that in a Range Rover,i got no comment lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm struggling to see the thought process from a Range Rover to a GTR. Slightly different shape etc!! lol

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Wife spat that dummy this time:chuckle:. Only kept the 911 turbo 5 months and the few before that only 6 months.

not sure how long the GTR will last hopefully a couple of years????

·
Registered
888 Posts
The wife bought mine for my birthday!
But she did say I had to keep it standard for 2 years, no mods.......

So within 3 months;
Carbon bonnet lifters, CTEK comfort indicator, LED lights, Litchfield Stage 1 ECUTEK RaceRom, 2013 Gearbox software :chuckle:

Oh & i'm looking to get the gearbox sorted next month with;
Circlips, EndStops, Uprated magnets, Solenoid clean & anything else I need to be able to launch it 'safely' :flame:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dummy spat out in my case but said I'm getting one whether you like it or not then 2 days later I had one

Now she loves it

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Divorce is a wonderful thing !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
divorce is expensive
But a great leveller !!! You can go back to boys being boys and not have anyone to say "oh, but you can't do that" :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
The only argument that I had was that I brought one before she did....

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
But a great leveller !!! You can go back to boys being boys and not have anyone to say "oh, but you can't do that" :bowdown1:
You must be with the wrong bird if she is wearing the trousers!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Nope ... if a woman has a problem with me and the car its time for new woman!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts