GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
that thing took off like a rocket :eek:

with the gtrs terminals though in the 140s it should of been doing 9s shouldn't it ?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that thing took off like a rocket :eek:

with the gtrs terminals though in the 140s it should of been doing 9s shouldn't it ?
Yes, it looks like it wasn't launching right.

Just the noise and frantic nature of the diesel Arosa made me laugh.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Obviously the GT-R is more powerful.. :p

I have to say, the more I look at Diesel tuning, the more I like it...
Diesel engines are typically engineered to be stronger than a petrol engine as they produce so much torque. Larger bearing journals on the crank, stronger heads, blocks, etc. They can take a lot more of a beating than a petrol engine provided EGT's are kept low.
Basically pumps can be rebuilt with larger elements to give more fuel delivery within a short space of timing, then a larger turbo added, with a larger intercooler and less exhaust back-pressure; not dissimilar to petrol engines. The difference is huge amounts of torque generated. Other benefits include Diesel being a lubricant oil, unlike petrol which can wash oil film off a cylinder wall by comparison. Another reason why Diesels generally last longer than petrol engines.

With tuning diesels I keep hearing of ripped out prop-shafts, broken driveshafts & smashed gearboxes (But this is with large power figures in the 600 bhp + region).
For real world use results can be pretty impressive when tuning production cars. Don't need to chase huge numbers for road use - say 100 - 150 bhp more is ample, but very useful gains can be made with fitting slightly larger elements inside the Diesel injection pump and increasing boost a little bit. These include much faster response (more fuel injected faster means it'll respond to accelerator inputs faster too). Black smoke is only produced from excessive fueling. Turning up the boost gets rid of it, or reduce fueling through adjustment of rack setting on the pump.

OM606 - YouTube

Diesel Meken in Sweden is doing some pretty cool things for Mercedes & BMW Diesel engines. https://www.facebook.com/dieselmeken but there's also a lot of expertise in Diesel tuning in Norway such as a company called Myna.

·
Registered
694 Posts
As Miguel has said above, Diesel tuning is huge here in Sweden, a lot of the guy's I work with here at the mine are big into this and they had a little meet just up the road from me a couple of weeks back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1SM3LgW_hM

Some of these old Benz oil burners have approaching or more than 500bhp and insane torque. I think they are mad pouring so much money into these old pos rust buckets, but hey each to their own eh ;) !

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Remember the orrible evil fuel also won le mans in an VW beetle a couple of years back before the other orrible "fuel" lectric hybrid took over :-(

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
thats it, im chopping the GT-r in :D

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Should have kept the Fabia Rich !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts