GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Sorry if this is frequently asked but I'm trying to clarify the exact differences between a late 59 car with Sat Nav and a MY10 car.

The car I'm looking at meets all of my requirements but the VIN has 10 instead of 12 at the relevant digits so appears to be a MY09 car. The dealer says it's got sat nav and also iPod integration which are the main MY10 benefits I'm after.

What else would I be missing?

Would the LC be warranted?

I've read the excellent FAQ on NAGTROC but still a bit confused as it refers to the US versions.

Thanks all!

Alex

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
MY10 will have a USB port in the arm rest and better sat-nav display.

MY10 cars also have an extra air duct underneath for the gearbox.
NASC I think it's called, but someone will probably correct me.:chuckle:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's the weird thing as the dealer is saying it's got the USB in the armrest.

How much better / worse is the sat nav display?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cooling probably won't make much difference to me as I doubt I'll be tracking it.

Was there a noticeable improvement in the suspension of the MY10s?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Strangely enough I am looking at a 59 plate car and it also has Sat Nav and USB in armrest.

As for MY differences have a nice read here :[edit: Still not allowed to post links lol...the info is on the Middlehurst website.

Summer 2009 ***8211; EU Market Launch (non Sat Nav) to Sat Nav

Introduction of Satellite Navigation
Improved screen resolution
DVD Player
USB Port
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Revised lettering on Brake Calipers ***8211; Brembo to Nissan (no change in technical design)
Reversing Buzzer

Winter 2009 ***8211; EU Market (Sat Nav) to MY10 EU Market

'Base' Grade removed from EU Market
Second NACA duct in rear diffuser
Revised ABS Characteristics for improved rear brake bias
Revised rear brake spigot shape and pad chamfer
Improved front transmission mount rigidity
Revised front spring rate and damper
Revised rear transfer link bushing
Increased water pipe diameter for transmission oil cooler
Revised Transmission Control Unit
Revised auto shift schedule ***8211; 6th > 5th and 4th > 3rd to 2nd
Increased Battery Capacity

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's brilliant, thanks all!

Anyone know how much difference is there between the newer wider sat nav screen and the ones on the 09 cars? Is it that noticable?

Is the resolution actually higher or is it just stretched?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I just bought a 59 plate. Has the nav and USB. Having tried a 10 plate that was a bit more money I couldn't tell the difference in suspension etc if I'm honest. Obviously if ur budget can stretch I'm sure the 10 is a better buy but I'm more than happy with my 59 ; ) loving the USB!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Interesting read. Im looking at a 59 2010 GTR shortly. Should I be looking for a 12 in the VIN?
I may be wrong but I don't think there were any MY10's on 59 plates. When I was looking for my MY10, many people who had early 2010 models (registered Jan or Feb 2010) advertise the cars as 'the 2010 model' but they ain't! I think the first MY10's were registered in March 2010. As you say, easy way to tell is the 12 in the VIN number or the cooling ducts in the rear carbon fibre undertray.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Sure fire way to check is the vin number and the small Nacca duct underneath in the tray. If its being sold as a MY10 then it must have these. If not then its a late 09 car on a 59 or 10 plate.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have an October 09 (59), it has the nav and iPod , the other changes were unimportant to me.

The only inconvenience is that my car does not have the ream camera loom sitting dormant in the rear quarter making it slightly hoarded to fit a rear camera- I believe the 10 plate cars have the loom ready for retrofit cameras.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts