GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazing difference, driven 95 miles pretty hard and spotless rear end.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just better software plus live mapping ability means tweaks that took hours can be done in minutes, makes more power too, the black smoke has been nothing to do with AFR, ive seen them like diesels on the dyno and operator gets out and says thats a little lean! Now I know less than nothing about mapping but ive been told injector firing angle and some other tweaks were needed but everyone has always moaned about the smoke on acceleration, this one ran a 6.2 100-200kmh with tank brimmed.

·
Premium Member
5,882 Posts
I always thought the smoke was to do with moving from the off throttle map to the on throttle map that couldn't be mapped?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I always thought the smoke was to do with moving from the off throttle map to the on throttle map that couldn't be mapped?
So how would that account for smoke under acceleration which 95% of the time is from an already partially opened throttle, either way its clear V8 can now be a much cleaner tune re the black soot over the back of cars I know litchfields maps are really clean on V8 too, as in one car drove from Litchfields back to liverpool and the insides of his tailpipes were still polished! Like I said I neither do nor want to know anything about mapping, me and computers go together as well as a Jackson 5 appreciation concert held a KKK HQ in Georgia on a hot day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So how would that account for smoke under acceleration which 95% of the time is from an already partially opened throttle, either way its clear V8 can now be a much cleaner tune re the black soot over the back of cars I know litchfields maps are really clean on V8 too, as in one car drove from Litchfields back to liverpool and the insides of his tailpipes were still polished! Like I said I neither do nor want to know anything about mapping, me and computers go together as well as a Jackson 5 appreciation concert held a KKK HQ in Georgia on a hot day.
Funny

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Although Dimitri has always spent time to get as little smoke as possible on my maps (helps when hes with me for 10 days at a time) the first video clip is on tesco momentum and shes putting out a fair bit of smoke, this is V6 I believe.
Second video is on proper race fuel and look how clean it is.

Tesco

Race Fuel

Put momentum back in on road map and it was dirty out the back again!

·
Premium Member
5,882 Posts
I've no idea about technicalities but I recall reading something about an area of the map that couldn't be accessed with the earlier versions of ecutek and it managed that are of the map the controlled off or partial throttle to on throttle which lead to over fueling hence the black smoke on initial acceleration.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've no idea about technicalities but I recall reading something about an area of the map that couldn't be accessed with the earlier versions of ecutek and it managed that are of the map the controlled off or partial throttle to on throttle which lead to over fueling hence the black smoke on initial acceleration.
As you guys know, we are years behind the yanks, they have been running 800+ hp FBO cars on stock blocks and trans for years and were stuck at 650hp EBA's !!! I speak to one US tuner whos running over 10 stock motor cars at 920hp, these are on the strip regularly and not ones broke yet! He runs proper race intercoolers and full Motec ecu like he said they over engineered and thats why they last. Ecutek has moved on massively and Dimitri now has over 25 cars in europe on flex fuel with E85 all over 820hp and 850nm not one has failed, ECU technology with finer tuning etc and safety trips but we have stood still, running same power we did 4-5 years ago apart from the odd customer who almost signs a waiver saying he understands the risks. Bill Hardy has a 4.25 that runs 100-200kmh in 5.3 and 10.3 1/4 miles at 138mph on road tyres on non prepped surface, its over 750hp and probably 675 ft lbs, its been built for 18 months and its driven hard everytime he uses it, not one prob, ever.
Im doing a 4.25 for a friend and map 4 will be 102 octane, its got my big intercooler and a few other mods and Ill bet she goes under 10.5 1/4 mile in the fun map.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts