GTR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Are the extra safety's stooping the engine damage as well as the new control on the map ? So if youre engine lets go its because of auxiliary failure ?
Theres only so much an ECU can do to protect a motor if someone is determined to press on regardless, dimitri sets like soft trips and hard trips so if AIT goes hi and the ecu starts to detect det it will flash MIL and pull timing, if it keeps getting hotter then it can literally just say no more and go into limp mode, the syvecs is still ahead on safety as it can monitor a lot more like per cylinder egt, exhaust pressure and shaft speed in turbos etc.
The new V8 tunes are amazing, Im half way through doing a car for a friend and its running late as I had to help out Rocky and remove his trans to change a shift fork with notice, so this car im calling a 4.35 tune, he can only easily get BP Ultimate 97 so the idea was map 3 is 99 and map 102, thoughts were hes happy to run octane booster to get 99, so he needs car back for today and bringing it back tonight so flashed map yesterday and went to put BP in, did a pull in map 2 to log and all clean perfect and pretty quick for one bar boost, so im happy he can rock up at his dads party etc and ill finish car next week, so I thought wonder how quickly it will flash the MIL light in map3, did a little pull, nothing, ok log it and try a pull, nothing absolutely clear on logs, it even added timing. Its got a whifbitz 102 silenced, 1050 ASNU and my intercooler so AIT were low and stayed low even on multiple logs. So maybe BP is better than we think!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All said and done it’s an ecu from 12 yrs ago processing things.
You have no idea on the power of that ECU, its extremely good and you can bet millions went into developing it and its software, how much do you reckon Syvecs spent developing the S7, the motronic unit in a 996 911Turbo car when unlocked has as many and more functions than a Syvecs S8, the only things that matter are speed it can do things, and the stock ecu is plenty fast enough, BTW the ecu has been upgraded through the various incarnations of the R35. The main reason im going syvecs is the inputs I can use and the fact that we can control the ETS with it .

·
Vendor
1,927 Posts
Just like a computer the processors etc develop quickly and what was once new becomes old.

motronic would be 20 yrs old? 2000/2001 early 996 turbo?

Not sure on syvecs developments but I’m led to believe there a scaled down version of life racing.
Not sure on how close they are or what they offer.

I think the syvecs use twin processors but not looked at there spec for a couple of hrs.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just like a computer the processors etc develop quickly and what was once new becomes old.

motronic would be 20 yrs old? 2000/2001 early 996 turbo?

Not sure on syvecs developments but I’m led to believe there a scaled down version of life racing.
Not sure on how close they are or what they offer.

I think the syvecs use twin processors but not looked at there spec for a couple of hrs.
Yeah if hardware needs to be changed they go back to life racing, at the end of the day the ecu can only react as fast as the sensors can read ie Wideband and knock etc

·
Registered
629 Posts
On my last r32 I had fuel pressure and oil pressure sensors, I used the fuel to compare against boost to check and error into limp mode. I was really asking if v8 had improved the detection on things like this.

·
Vendor
1,927 Posts
It’s not just about reading the signal input for the sensors there 1000’s of algorithms to do.

At least aftermarket are quick to react with firmware updates and are usually on hand for support.

·
Registered
629 Posts
It’s not just about reading the signal input for the sensors there 1000’s of algorithms to do.

At least aftermarket are quick to react with firmware updates and are usually on hand for support.
I agree, I am assuming that this injectors have either electronic fuel pressure adjustment or different voltage inputs to adjust atomisation of the injector. Couple that with a variable timing of valve lift and the normal injection timing. Many many algorithms.

·
Vendor
1,927 Posts
The Motronic stuff dates back to 1985 To replace the k jetronic setups. It’s obviously evolved from its first evolution and sold millions of units worldwide but there becomes a time to move on as things progress and emissions get more stringent.

·
Registered
629 Posts
As you guys know, we are years behind the yanks, they have been running 800+ hp FBO cars on stock blocks and trans for years and were stuck at 650hp EBA's !!! I speak to one US tuner whos running over 10 stock motor cars at 920hp, these are on the strip regularly and not ones broke yet! He runs proper race intercoolers and full Motec ecu like he said they over engineered and thats why they last. Ecutek has moved on massively and Dimitri now has over 25 cars in europe on flex fuel with E85 all over 820hp and 850nm not one has failed, ECU technology with finer tuning etc and safety trips but we have stood still, running same power we did 4-5 years ago apart from the odd customer who almost signs a waiver saying he understands the risks. Bill Hardy has a 4.25 that runs 100-200kmh in 5.3 and 10.3 1/4 miles at 138mph on road tyres on non prepped surface, its over 750hp and probably 675 ft lbs, its been built for 18 months and its driven hard everytime he uses it, not one prob, ever.
Im doing a 4.25 for a friend and map 4 will be 102 octane, its got my big intercooler and a few other mods and Ill bet she goes under 10.5 1/4 mile in the fun map.
I would love to know the basics of why the USA is different , apart from the E85 that they use. Maybe there are elements of the Nissan ECU that need to be configured but are locked.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts