GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it hurt the drivetrain and/or ATTESA to run R17 255's in the back and R17 235's in the front with an R32 GTR? If so, would the problem be eliminated by pulling the fuse to disable ATTESA?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
if the width is different, then the sidewall height is most likely going to be different.

The aspect ratio is a function of the tire width, so it will inevitably be highly unlikely that the height of the tyre sidewall will be the same. As such, rolling circumference most likely going to be different and this will screw up your ATTESA.

I'm not sure it's safe to run permanently with the fuse disconnected.. ??

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
yeah it will screw up the attesa and transfer box, same rolling circumference all round is a deffo, AFAIK its ok to run with attesa fuse permenantly disconnected but then you would have a RWD gtr which kind of defeats the point:wavey: unless your ok with that, surely it would be easier to get same tyres all round!!

kev

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have 265x35x18 rears and 255x35x18 fronts. As the GTR is RWD most of the time, is this rotational difference going to matter? It's only 1.08%...

It was like this when I bought the car and I've been considering replacing the rears with 255s as that's a better match for the stock radius anyway. I'm not going to replace two perfectly good tyres if I don't need to though.

Sorry for thread hijack ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the replies. I remember reading somewhere on these forums that the R32's, unlike the 33 and 34, are not always in AWD mode and run in purely RWD until ATTESA decides to transfer power to the front. If that is the case, then it would be okay to run in RWD all the time right? As for the 1% difference in size, would that be enough to make ATTESA crap itself? Also, does ATTESA actually care about the grip between the front and rear? I was thinking that ATTESA only cares that the rear is slipping, so it transfers power until 50% or the rears stop spinning. If that is the case, then I would think that you could run very different sizes without issue. Any ideas on that?

Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts