GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there:)
I am possibly picking up a White black edition Gtr 2010 on Friday

I wondered did they make any different white gtr's as mine seems a bit of a matt/pearl effect ,but is the standard colour its not been wrapped or anything,

thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Only one White was standard on a GT-R & that's Storm White.

The finish is almost iridescent in certain lights but is i believe termed as pearlescent. Couldn't say mine ever looked Matte in any light conditions, however the plastic aspects (front & rear bumper) do fade (known issue) so these parts do often look duller than the rest of the car.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine is factory white and not any matt finish at all on the car. Its a very shiny and consistent finish all over and in the sun you can see the pearlescent effect.
Check to see if it is wrapped by looking closely in the door jams, does the V5 say it is white in colour and is there any mention of a colour change on the HPI report?

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Only one White was standard on a GT-R & that's Storm White.

The finish is almost iridescent in certain lights but is i believe termed as pearlescent. Couldn't say mine ever looked Matte in any light conditions, however the plastic aspects (front & rear bumper) do fade (known issue) so these parts do often look duller than the rest of the car.
Incorrect

Two paints code for white GTR that differ between CBA (QX1 ) and DBA (QAB) cars

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Flynn. Didn't know there were two paint codes so is one solid white and the other pearlescent (or are they both a form of pearlescent) as I only recall ever seeing pearlescent colour on the ones I looked at before buying?

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Hi Flynn. Didn't know there were two paint codes so is one solid white and the other pearlescent (or are they both a form of pearlescent) as I only recall ever seeing pearlescent colour on the ones I looked at before buying?
They are both very similar. Both pearl as far as I know.

IIRC, There was a third white, but I think it was reserve for the V spec. It had a green flake in it I think. Cant find a pic though

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
From the below link on gtrlife ... Not sure if the codes / years differ for UK model though. Anyone?

QX1 - Ivory Pearl (2009)

QAB - Pearl White (2010-2012)

KH3 - Obsidian Black (2009-2011)

GAG - Jet Black (2012)

KAD - Gun Metallic

KAC - Titanium (2009)

KAB - Super Silver

A54- Solid Red

RAY - Deep Blue Pearl (2012)

KAE- Dark Grey Trim

*Nissan does not provide a paint code for wheels

R35 GT-R Paint Code Database - Interior & Exterior - GT-R Life

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
The pearl white can sometimes look a bit 'matte' in certain lights/angles.

Just check in the door openings, boot wtc to see if it's been wrapped. Should be pretty obvious!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The pearl white can sometimes look a bit 'matte' in certain lights/angles.

Just check in the door openings, boot wtc to see if it's been wrapped. Should be pretty obvious!
Yeah its white and it was in a dim lit showroom, I will see it outside tomorrow ,

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
There were, as correctly stated, two Whites.

The early one was Storm White and later Pearl White if I remember correctly.

I don't believe the first was Pearl (with the colour fleck running through) and was a yellow white. It looked too beige so was discontinued.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
There were, as correctly stated, two Whites.

The early one was Storm White and later Pearl White if I remember correctly.

I don't believe the first was Pearl (with the colour fleck running through) and was a yellow white. It looked too beige so was discontinued.
That's not right Rog & you should know better:banned:

Storm White was & still is the only White available on UK R35's & is most certainly a Pearlescent colour. No idea if another white hue or different name exists in other countries, but in the UK it was & is Storm White.

My MY10 was Storm White & the advert below for a MY13 is Storm White:chuckle: Is also a MY14 further down the page in Storm White.

NISSAN GT-R 3.8 [550] PREMIUM 2DR AUTO Coupe for sale in Sheffield | Auto Trader

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
They are both very similar. Both pearl as far as I know.

IIRC, There was a third white, but I think it was reserve for the V spec. It had a green flake in it I think. Cant find a pic though
That's the same white:)

As above, only one actual White on R35 GT-R's & it's always been called Storm White in the UK. My MY10 was Storm & it's still called Storm White today:) Perhaps the code did change at some point but that's more likely due to a significant model change like MY10-MY11 rather than a physical paint colour change.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/116517-black-edition-storm-white.html

Model details - Nissan GT-R MY14 - Nissan sports cars

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
That's not right Rog & you should know better:banned:

Storm White was & still is the only White available on UK R35's & is most certainly a Pearlescent colour. No idea if another white hue or different name exists in other countries, but in the UK it was & is Storm White.

My MY10 was Storm White & the advert below for a MY13 is Storm White:chuckle: Is also a MY14 further down the page in Storm White.

NISSAN GT-R 3.8 [550] PREMIUM 2DR AUTO Coupe for sale in Sheffield | Auto Trader
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/165296-gtr-35-paint-codes.html

I might be wrong but the original white (Ivory) was basically beige and was one of the reasons I waited for the MY10. Was 08/09 cars and possibly only JDM...? Yours was 10 wasn't it Paul? How is M5?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts