GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Well I FINALLY got in my ATS/Carbonetics Clutch, however I have not received my Nismo slave cylinder yet. I am wondering how difficult is it to change out a slave cylinder? I mean can I get my shop to change out the clutch now and then I install the Nismo slave cylinder at the house myself in a few days? I would not think it is a very difficult job, however I could of course be wrong as I don’t really know what is necessary to do it. Any info you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Also if it is indeed a DIY job, if you guys can give quick instructions I would appreciate that as well. Thx a lot.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
597 Posts
Its easy to change as long as you can get under the car, & have a good mate who will come round and help you bleed it after you fit it!!

Nick.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Any info on the actual work? If it is relatively easy I will do it myself with a friend.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
2 x 14mm bolts.... one hose... thats it. Just remember to loosen the hose before you take of the slave...

And bleed the system after... it shouldnt take more than 30min max...

Asim...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I just got off the phone with ATS/Carbonetics and they tell me that I SHOULD NOT use the Nismo slave cylinder with their clutch. From what they tell me, it will not work properly and will actually sacrifice performance. I had no idea of this as I had always heard the upgrade was a good thing. Any opinions?

On a side note, with ATS/Carbonetics you actually DO the pull to push conversion. They send you everything you need in the box in order to do it! I had NO IDEA of this until I talked to the guy again.

-Sayajin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts