GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Yup. Only real difference is the backing plate. On the 32 versions rear hicas bolts to it. Still both fit in to each other.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a 33 diff unit will drop straight into a 32 without any adjustments and the hicas lock out bar will bolt to it again without any adjustments? I just want to confirm, I think my car has a 33 diff anyway.

Moff - fan received, thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Greater spline count on late R32 diffs (smooth cover?) and R33 diffs. Also means the LSD input bits are different.

This is definite - I bought a used non V-spec R33 diff just for the stub shafts in order to fit an ATS LSD in my 1990 R32. Something like 31 vs. 29 splines.

Also the R33 diffs do not have the mounting lugs for the ATTESSA pumps that bolt to the top of the R32 rear diff.

HICAS bolts to the subframe, not the diff.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
This is definite - I bought a used non V-spec R33 diff just for the stub shafts in order to fit an ATS LSD in my 1990 R32. Something like 31 vs. 29 splines.
Yes, technical internal are different 31mm vs 32mm or something, but in terms of fitting between cars they are the same.

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
I will re-iterate as people aren't reading......

"Also the R33 diffs do not have the mounting lugs for the ATTESSA pumps that bolt to the top of the R32 rear diff."

So a 33 diff doesn't fit the 32 unless you bodge it.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I will re-iterate as people aren't reading......

"Also the R33 diffs do not have the mounting lugs for the ATTESSA pumps that bolt to the top of the R32 rear diff."

So a 33 diff doesn't fit the 32 unless you bodge it.
yes, but the question was, are they interchangeable :)
They are, but with the point as you said..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts