GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I know there have been a few people on the forum recently who have been looking into this and after getting my car back from Abbey Motorsport i thought i would post a thread on how it is attached to the car.

Now my car is slightly different, in that it already had a diffuser fitted to a certain extent. It was attached using some Nissan brackets and some from B&Q. :chairshot

The diffuser is not the normal GTR carbon item, it seems to be kevlar and of un known origin, as i said it was on the car when i bought it. If anyone does know its make, please let us know :thumbsup:

Now when i bought the car, the job was only partially done properly and was missing quite a few brackets. The main one being the bracket that hangs down from the spare wheel well. This caused the diffuser to sag by the exhaust.

Now after Abbey fitted there stainless steel bracket kit it looks like this:

Below are some of the brackets that Abbey had made in order to fit it straight. Please excuse the dirty car.

Spare wheel well.

Brackets behind bumper sides:

Front of Diffuser:

Sorry for the lack of technical info- if you have any questions i can try to answer them. All bolts are stainless steel so it should be in this condition for a long time yet.

Seeing these brackets up close, all i can say is Abbey have done an amazing job so big thanks to them :bowdown1:

I hope this helps answer any questions people have about how you fit it to the car.

Lee

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
God, I can't believe how much rust you guys in England have under your cars...!!

Salting the roads does some wicked damage!!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
LOL! So when you diving along and stuff starts falling off....Thats coolo!:clap:

Reminds me of a old famous (in New Zealand) Movie, Goodbye Pork Pie, They just kept taking parts off the Mini to make it lighter to outrun the Cops!

Very Funny!:nervous::thumbsup:

You think that's rust, you should see my car! Arches....what arches

But remember - Rust is lighter than carbon fiber!

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
You can fit a standard R34 carbon rear diffuser to a non v-spec, but as Lee mentions, you really need the rear bracket to mount to the boot underside. After that, you need to modify the rear sub-assembly (as they're different between non and vspec) adding blocks with bolt holes etc.

I'll post some pics up later, but once, done (by the right people of course :thumbsup:) it looks factory! I'm very chuffed with mine:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Here's a pic of mine from back, close up and the left and right side at the back - need to get under the car with camera for inside shots, but haven't had time.

p.s. haven't fitted the "new clean" brackets, so mine doesn't look as fancy as Lee's;):p

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice IMS, looks good. :thumbsup:

It makes a big difference having the diffuser there and when fitted properly- looks awesome.

How did you sort the bracket on the spare wheel well? Welded bracket or bolts put through?

Abbey put bolts through and attached the bracket to that.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Picture seems unvailable.
Can you post another picture of it ?
I'd like to see how it looks like I will have to do the same in a couple of weeks ...

Here's a pic of mine from back, close up and the left and right side at the back - need to get under the car with camera for inside shots, but haven't had time.

p.s. haven't fitted the "new clean" brackets, so mine doesn't look as fancy as Lee's;):p

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cheers Bud :thumbsup:
No worries, looks awesome!

Sorry for my poor iglish, by the way.

LOL!

I have corrected it.

I hope you and Ross are around this saturday, bud!
Matt said he will be there.

Sounds like it could well be a busy one this sat!

:clap:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will probably be around and I know Ross is working so wont be around.

Looks like it will be matt and I flying the jap flag.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts